Boss Audio & Satellite radio

Sixx

Established Member
I am in the market for a new ride, and I think I have landed on a Mustang. I am currently driving a 2009 WRX and it is a great car, but I miss the V8 grunt. I previously drove LS1 F bodies, LS2 GTOs etc.

The Boss is emerging is currently the leading contender. This won't be a daily driver, since I walk to work, so the creature comforts are not all tha important. However, I have some concerns about the sound quality of the stereo. The factory stereo in my WRX is the abolute pits, and it dove me crazy.

I was wondering if any owners can comment on the sound quality of the stereo in the Boss? I see that it says Satelitte ready. What's involved in adding Sirius, and how expensive is it? I realize aftermarkt is always an option, but I would like to avoid going that route if possible.

Thanks!

Fat Boss

Established Member
The sounds quality is worse than my bottom trim package 99 F250. It's pretty shocking really. I'm going to do some upgrades at some point. I think you're looking at almost $300 for the parts to add Sirius. The button is already on the dash though.

Found a bookmark I had. Radios and More - Product Detail

nccstud

Established Member
I haven't cranked my stereo up much at all. At low levels it is alright, but nothing to write home about. It's something where just replacing the 4 speakers with a little better quality ones should do a world of good. And that keeps things fairly cheap as well. Not sure about the Sirius.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
The Boss comes with the most basic stripped-down stereo, and no upgrade options are available from the factory. It is that way because the Boss is supposed to be a track ready car, so if you don't need it to go faster, it's not there. If you are concerned about turning on the radio at all, I'd opt for a Mustang GT instead and option the shaker audio unit.

aquill1

Established Member
If it has the base setup it is horrible. My shaker is much better than the base stuff but I still want to replace my shaker stuff. Luckily it is very easy to put aftermarket stuff on the car. If you need help finding what works and what not holler.

Rockford fosgate makes some mini amps that are nice and small. Audiopipe (decent more no-name stuff) has tiny amps too that are very small and good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread