Boss 5.0 / 10.7:1 / Lysholm 3.3 / E85 build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabe1530

Banned
damn, i love reading your build threads because you literally go all out.
lm drooling over your fuel system too.
cant wait for more updates!

Nadra

Bisquits and mustard
Established Member
That and the fact that the car will never see the track makes all the power almost useless on the street anyway. LOL. Should make for some fun 3rd and 4th gear pulls though. :burnout:

Well, with any luck, after this beast is up and running at full capacity, curiosity will get the best him and a trip to the Motorplex will be in order. I know he says it's not set up for drag racing but with the coil overs, Bruce's kit in the rear and slicks.....that is ALL that thing will need to see a single digit time slip. That, and of course the driver's mod but I fully believe it is totally capable.

As far as the curiosity factor goes, I gotta admit, I am a little curious myself as to why you went with the relatively smaller 2.9 as opposed to one of the much bigger blowers? After all, it looks like you are really wanting to produce some big hp numbers. Do tell.....

Teej281

Established Member
Big blowers need big boost to justify them. We're talking 25+lbs to make it worth the swap. Plus the 2.9 is enough stress on a street car. And I think it's a "less with more" mentality here as well.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
O...M.... F*cking... G!!!! This thing is gonna be a freakin beast!!! Can't wait to see what kind of numbers this thing is gonna throw down.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
damn, i love reading your build threads because you literally go all out.
lm drooling over your fuel system too.
cant wait for more updates!

Glad you like the threads! I have been doing so many little mods to the car while i have no engine.....little bits and pieces here and there. However, the big news today is the Kooks 1 3/4" x 3" LTs and 3" offroad X showed up today. Very high quality T304 SS construction, scavenger spikes in the collectors, and wow....the 3" pipes are really impressive in person. Will look great ceramic coated and polished! Already drilled the midpipe to weld in my Wideband bung tomorrow at my fab guys place.

Photo-0875.jpg

Well, with any luck, after this beast is up and running at full capacity, curiosity will get the best him and a trip to the Motorplex will be in order. I know he says it's not set up for drag racing but with the coil overs, Bruce's kit in the rear and slicks.....that is ALL that thing will need to see a single digit time slip. That, and of course the driver's mod but I fully believe it is totally capable.

As far as the curiosity factor goes, I gotta admit, I am a little curious myself as to why you went with the relatively smaller 2.9 as opposed to one of the much bigger blowers? After all, it looks like you are really wanting to produce some big hp numbers. Do tell.....

I would love to run it one day @ the 1/4 mile. It's not out of the question....maybe I'll toss the keys to 04sleeper and say "show me how its done!" I know he would drive it to its potential. Honestly, besides me not wanting to beat the car.....I have barret jackson collector car insurance on it....and in the event something happened at the track, it is not covered. I have ALOT invested into it.....not sure i wanna risk it. We shall see.

As for my blower choice....trust me the 2.9 is more than capable. Recall, my build is focused on compression, with the interest of leaving the boost from 17 - 23 psi.

Big blowers need big boost to justify them. We're talking 25+lbs to make it worth the swap. Plus the 2.9 is enough stress on a street car. And I think it's a "less with more" mentality here as well.

exactly.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Following along as well...Boss 5.0 is a wise choice, same setup i will be building this winter if all goes as planned. best of luck

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
You won't be dissappointed....John Tymensky built my engine too. He personally delivered it to the house but I live less than 10 miles from him. He knows what works and what doesn't. I went with 9.5 to 1 compression for my build. Only thing left to do is the 2.9 whipple.

Nadra

Bisquits and mustard
Established Member
As for my blower choice....trust me the 2.9 is more than capable. Recall, my build is focused on compression, with the interest of leaving the boost from 17 - 23 psi.

Roger that, and a fine choice indeed. Blower notwithstanding, your motor should make some very respectable numbers. I can't wait to see the finished product!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Update. Today I ordered all remaining parts needed!

1. McLeod RXT twin disk (26 spline of course), adjustible pivot ball if needed, and a new FRPP TOB
2. Injector dynamics ID 1000 fuel injectors
3. Exhaust reducers to connect the 3" kooks offroad X to my 2.5" steeda catback

All in all, this project has turned quite expensive, but since I plan on keeping this car, it is justifiable.

anyway.....few cell phone pics.........showing the car is NOT even a rolling chassis right now LOL! Decided to build the K/engine/tranny/blower combo outside of the car this time, and lower the car down upon it.

once the exhaust reducers come in, i will be taking the LTs, offroad X, and reducers to Crosslink here in McKinney for their polished ceramic coating services.

Photo-0881.jpg

Photo-0880.jpg

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
Hey man, just a quick question. Do you have any input on the fuel pump yet? As far as noise and such.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Hey man, just a quick question. Do you have any input on the fuel pump yet? As far as noise and such.

its the quietest pump i have ever run. main reason being ive never actually run voltage thru it yet.

im sure it will have a nice hum to it......its all wired up, might run some corn thru it this weekend to see how she sounds. need to flush the new tank anyway

Teej281

Established Member
I'm gonna bump this one to the top as it's now build time! Keep us posted as you hear from John! I'm super excited to see this build play out!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
I'm gonna bump this one to the top as it's now build time! Keep us posted as you hear from John! I'm super excited to see this build play out!

no real new news lately. been doing odds and ends on the car, some custom stuff. havent heard back from MP yet.....he has been out with some knee procedures the past couple weeks. i imagine the build will start in july sometime. my heads are still at modular head shop.....porting is complete, just waiting for the guides to be installed prior to them being sent to an outside shop for surface decking.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
quick update. My engine build is still waiting on pistons to arrive. All of my other components are @ MP.

Cylinder heads are at decking operation. Need assembly then dropship to MP. Should happen within next 2 weeks.

Other recent upgrades:
- kooks LTs have been ceramic coated. picking them up tomorrow
- added a canton 15-780 oil pan for added oil capacity
- Got a 3" Stainless Works catback coming my way. Will sound nice with the cams, kooks LTs, and 3" offroad X

Once MP receives the pistons......build will be underway.

I believe i will have the longblock most likely towards the 3rd week of August.....maybe sooner, but no rush.

Last edited:

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Awesome... What will be left to do after you have this monster engine in, running and the whole overall car looking like a very hot horny super model? lol... congrats bud :beer:

Teej281

Established Member
What catback were you running before? Wasnt stingers was it? And what made you choose the Stainless Works over say Bassani or JBA or Magnaflow? Sounds like its coming along.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Awesome... What will be left to do after you have this monster engine in, running and the whole overall car looking like a very hot horny super model? lol... congrats bud :beer:

This hot horny supermodel just needs a cage, Not much else to do unless i want to completely destroy the integrity of what an 04 cobra is by putting in an auto and solid....which isnt going to happen.

What catback were you running before? Wasnt stingers was it? And what made you choose the Stainless Works over say Bassani or JBA or Magnaflow? Sounds like its coming along.

had stingers until jan 2010. Steeda (quiet Borla) after that. Dont like the sound of bassani, didnt want to custom fab a 3" setup so Magnaflow was out of question. The stainless works will sound nasty with cams......reference Vadersnks youtube videos. Plus i got a killer deal on the catback alone from Derek @ Dagostino

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread