Husker

Established Member
Ford Racing officially announces the Boss 302S | Mustangs Daily

Boss_302S_LR.jpg

Husker

sprint200

Established Member
$79k MSRP

Don't know why everyone didn't see these advertised last year? They weren't being promoted by Ford as heavily then but they were listed on the FRPP site and catalog about this time last year.........

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
$79k MSRP

Don't know why everyone didn't see these advertised last year? They weren't being promoted by Ford as heavily then but they were listed on the FRPP site and catalog about this time last year.........

last year when ford announced the boss 302r they said there would be two versions. a base model at $79k which was scheduled to replace the FR500S and the Grand AM package model at $129k which was to replace the FR500C.

The Grand AM version was sold in small numbers for Grand Am racing. The Mustang Challenge failed and was shut down. With that there was no market for the S model replacement. None were built.

When the World Challenge GTS class option was put on the table the car was brought back. It is essensially being relaunched because the aero package is all new.

sprint200

Established Member
Ah!

I didn't realize that exactly 0 had been built last year. I knew of the Challenge series demise, but didn't know that that would mean zero buyers.

I thought surely someone as crazy as me (but with more cash) would be stupid enough to buy one for club racing.............. I actually confirmed with my dealer last year that they could order one for me, that is before the economy told me otherwise.

If business were better, this would be the car for me and not the street legal version. Hell, I'd buy your rig right now if I could swing that...............:thumbsup:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
last year when ford announced the boss 302r they said there would be two versions. a base model at $79k which was scheduled to replace the FR500S and the Grand AM package model at $129k which was to replace the FR500C.

The Grand AM version was sold in small numbers for Grand Am racing. The Mustang Challenge failed and was shut down. With that there was no market for the S model replacement. None were built.

When the World Challenge GTS class option was put on the table the car was brought back. It is essensially being relaunched because the aero package is all new.
So are the R and S basically the same car except for the different aero pieces? Do they really use the same engine as the Boss or do they have more HP? Seems to me they would put out more power without the smog and exhaust equipment of the street legal car.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
So are the R and S basically the same car except for the different aero pieces? Do they really use the same engine as the Boss or do they have more HP? Seems to me they would put out more power without the smog and exhaust equipment of the street legal car.

they are basically the same. the grand am $129k car is significantly different from the $79k car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread