BOSS 302 vs Whipple Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

badmpg03

Established Member
Well not a traditional kill but had a little fun,

Was driving on the freeway in my 04, and a guy comes quick up on me in a white boss 302. He paces me to my left as I am in the middle lanes. He wants to run.
...well open freeway in front of us.... I think lets do it.

We are side by side, I slow a bit and downshift to third doing about 60. He does the same, and now I hear a centri type blower whistling at my left ear.....anyway we are set and he motions with his hand for me to just 'go'. I look over at him oddly, but he just gives me a nod to take the hit.....Alright then! I mash it. 3rd hooks hard, WOT to redline. Catch 4th, and pin it, I'm slammed in the seat, let off 140ish. He was about 2 buses behind me.
I slowed down to give him a thumbs up or see if he wanted a clean run....but he slowed down as well, pulled to the right and stayed behind me in my lane lol. After a couple miles he turned off at an exit. Anyway I smiled the whole way home

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ha, Nice! Well told story..... felt like I was actually there! lol Anyone who has had work done to their car like a power adder is gonna be butt-hurt driving home no doubt!

Especially in a Boss with a blower. Thats why I NEVER under estimate anything but especially them dam 03-04 Cobra's smh never know what one of them things has got under the hood!

badmpg03

Established Member
Nicely done!
Sounds like he bit off more than he could chew. I'm sure he was probably expecting a pullied Eaton at most and not a 2.9 on E85. ha I have to imagine he's making pretty good power too.

When I heard the blower I figured it would be a good run. Those are fast cars with a power adder. my 04 is about 840whp right now,

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
nice kill. honestly, ive gotten more smack talk from coyote owners since ive owned my car than anything. i hope it was a humbling experience for him lol

badmpg03

Established Member
nice kill. honestly, ive gotten more smack talk from coyote owners since ive owned my car than anything. i hope it was a humbling experience for him lol

Same, I like to run them,
and even though I haven’t run into one ....there has to be at least 15 coyote TT 10 speeds running around Houston, I see them everywhere, many driven by douchebags

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s a bad bish.

The mph tells the story!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

badmpg03

Established Member
That’s a bad bish.

The mph tells the story!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Gracias
it hooks and hits hard from 60 and I catch many off guard,
it should trap higher, honestly was pretty crappy run

528E9A89-1154-4F8C-9161-B537D49BB43D.png

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
When I heard the blower I figured it would be a good run. Those are fast cars with a power adder. my 04 is about 840whp right now,

Damn...savage. Wet dream to own an 800+ HP terminator. Good kill. I love my Coyote. It has plenty of power out of the box, but terminators are damn savages waiting to be uncaged. When I began modding my '04 it was like unleashing my own personal fury on the world. LOL

Good kill. A supercharged Coyote is a good kill any day of the week.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He wasn't the first to be "terminated" and he won't be the last. The days of 475-550whp are long gone. Now we commonly see 750+ on E85. But, there are a lot of Coyotes making huge power, too. You just never know who's got what under the hood. LOL.

nickf2005

Established Member
I always find it interesting when non-car guys ask me how much power my car has. Their expression when I tell them 500 at the wheel makes me giggle.

Don't get me wrong, a 500 HP "stock" car is no slouch, but if they even had a clue what the aftermarket has and the numbers modified, 15 year old cars make...

OP, whats the weight of your car? Ballpark 3600?

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

stangfreak

Established Member

I love the coyote motor. I really wish I was able to afford a new mustang and keep my 03. I like both cars. But I spoke to some coyote owners and just when I thought the vette guys were bad, some of these gys made them look like saints. Im not saying all yote guys, but, a lot of them, wow lol. Im sure you guys came across those c5 c6 vette owners. To top that, it has to be bad lol.

badmpg03

Established Member
I love the coyote motor. I really wish I was able to afford a new mustang and keep my 03. I like both cars. But I spoke to some coyote owners and just when I thought the vette guys were bad, some of these gys made them look like saints. Im not saying all yote guys, but, a lot of them, wow lol. Im sure you guys came across those c5 c6 vette owners. To top that, it has to be bad lol.

Hah! many c6/ CTS-V guys are in their own category
still have to say we have our fair share of douche terminator owners too, some may call me that for all i know
at the end of the day don't really care, we are all gearheads, even the uneducated and overzealous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread