Boss 302 Vs. GT350

Downsoutg

Hey guys, as the title states its between these 2 vehicles. Ill start by saying i will be happy with either, I'm buying it primarily as a fun/track car. I know the IRS Vs. SRA arguments and that's valid, I guess the main thing im asking is since you guys own a GT350 and possibly have owned a Boss 302 is there any major pros and cons to either that isnt obvious unless you own it? Does the 350 cost more to track on consumables compared to the Boss? Performance mods are what they are and obviously the initial cost but im more interested in possible things that are not obvious.

Thanks in advance, just trying to do some due diligence. Either car would bring enjoyment sure, and im more concerned with enjoyment than being the fastest guy on a track, but it never hurts lol.

HI RPM

Established Member
I first read this post on the GT350 forum.
There was a lot of good feed back from people who actually race/track both of the cars. I didn't chime in, because I don't track my Boss and felt I had nothing to add.

As I read this again (now posted in the BOSS forum) the word FUN in the "fun/track" statement jumps out at me. I own a 2013 Boss recaro car. I have just very recently had the opportunity to drive a 2018 Shelby GT350 w/touring seats.
I drove them both, back to back, on the street.
The performance differences between the two cars are quite apparent.

IMHO, the Shelbys incredible grip, outstanding brakes and excellent chassis composure not only make it a better race car, it makes a better grand touring car as well.

There are only three "cons" that I see to the GT350 from my view/needs.
#1... Obviously, the much higher price.
#2...It is geared too high. It needs 4.10's gears or lower, for the street.
#3...The FPC Voodoo 5.2 doesn't seem to share the same bullet proof reliability that the BOSS 302 has. Hopefully the 18+ engines are better. So far, they seem to be.

As for the Boss, it's a fast car that is a riot to drive. It is no where near as polished as the GT350...almost the opposite. Its rough, raw and to some extent, crude.
Yet, it is the most FUN car that I have ever owned.

I find myself at the same cross road as you. Asking the same question, "Boss 302 or GT350?" Do I make the jump and trade off the Boss for a GT350?

The difference is, I am most concerned with having FUN.
A fun and engaging high performance grand touring car, interests me greatly.
The TRACK part doesn't affect my decision.

The question "Is the much more expensive GT350 a better race car (or just better car in general) than a Boss 302?"...That has been answered... YES!

The question "Is the much more expensive GT350 more FUN than a Boss 302?"... This, I struggle with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread