Boss 302 - Leather Recaros - Pics Inside

Silver TT

Established Member
Anyone else do this? I would be curious to know where the prior owner had the work done and what the total modifications to this vehicle would cost at an installed price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boss-302-/190748393719?forcev4exp=true#ht_19838wt_1167

Mod List:

2 KEYS PLUS EXTRA TRACK (RED KEY)
STEEDA SPRINGS
STEEDA BILLET LOWER CONTROL ARMS
STEEDA PANHARD BAR
SHELBY GT 500 WING
SHELBY GT 500 MUFFLERS
HOOD SHOCKS
RECARO CUSTOM LEATHER SEATS

----------------
BossLeatherRecaros-sideview.jpg

BossLeatherRecaros-frontview.jpg

straightliner1

Established Member
I saw that ad and wondered the same thing. Those seats look too good to be an off the shelf kit. Looks like the rear seats are re-covered too?

65sohc

Established Member
A guy buys a great car, spends another 5 grand on mods, drives it 1400 miles and now is selling. I don't get it.

Grant808

Established Member
We if you wear size 28 pants, you might need the grip. I'm fatter than that...I don't think it was ever a problem in vinyl race seats for me.

Silver TT

Established Member
Yeah, awesome, now he can slide all over the seats...

Thought about that too and its not really the case. Have you ever driven a 911 TT or BMW M3? Pretty much all Eur sportscars have leather seats but they are made incredibly well with heavy bolsters and you don't move at all. Good leather is actually not slippery at all.

And when you are not on a racetrack you have a much nicer seat to sit on / look at.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Thought about that too and its not really the case. Have you ever driven a 911 TT or BMW M3? Pretty much all Eur sportscars have leather seats but they are made incredibly well with heavy bolsters and you don't move at all. Good leather is actually not slippery at all.

And when you are not on a racetrack you have a much nicer seat to sit on / look at.
I've owned a couple of 911's and one of them had factory Recaro sport seats covered in leather. I move around a lot less in my faux Alcantara covered Boss Recaro's. FYI both Porsche and Ferrari offer Alcantara covered seats in their track oriented cars. :rolling:

Silver TT

Established Member
I've owned a couple of 911's and one of them had factory Recaro sport seats covered in leather. I move around a lot less in my faux Alcantara covered Boss Recaro's. FYI both Porsche and Ferrari offer Alcantara covered seats in their track oriented cars. :rolling:

Very good point....totally agree with you there. Last M3 I had had incredible leather sport seats and I didn't move around at all, but you are totally right, alcantara is definitely superior for track work

jazz05

Established Member
If you go to Shelbys website they have an upholstery section where you can get Leather covers for the cloth Recaro's

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Recaroseatupgrade1.jpg

Recaroseatupgrade.jpg

So you'd be looking at $2,600 for a pair of the FRPP Recaro's. Drop shipped to an authorized installer along with an additional $1340. Recovered in leather and shipped to you at no cost for a grand total of $3,940. Almost two grand per seat.

Come on FRPP, you can't make this happen for a better price than that?

guarnibl

Established Member

I've owned both cars and you slide around all over the place in them =\ The M3 seats are much better at keeping you stable than the 911 Turbo and M3.

guarnibl

Established Member
Recaroseatupgrade1.jpg

Recaroseatupgrade.jpg

So you'd be looking at $2,600 for a pair of the FRPP Recaro's. Drop shipped to an authorized installer along with an additional $1340. Recovered in leather and shipped to you at no cost for a grand total of $3,940. Almost two grand per seat.

Come on FRPP, you can't make this happen for a better price than that?

That's a pretty good price, actually. JK!

I would just sell my recaros if I wanted leather

Users who are viewing this thread