Boss 302 Laguna Seca at Cars/Coffee Sat....

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I went to an early and rainy Cars and Coffee yesterday in Irvine, and what showed up??? A new Black and Red Boss Laguna Seca "in person". The Ford Engineer opened it up, the Recaro's we're very comfortable and the new gauge pack looked great. Asked him to pop the hood and the new intake is very impressive. I have to say the car sounded great at idle with the side exhausts still in. He showed us the new Trac Key but it was running the standard tune now, but during the testing at Laguna Seca, they ran the "performance" set-up. I didn't hear the lopey idle, but he said it was worth the price of admission. Intitial production planning calls for around 3000 Boss 302's and maybe 700 Laguna Seca models. Nothing in concrete yet. He did say all of the Laguna Seca items can be ordered and added to a Boss, that front splitter is an ankle breaker...Surprisingly the car is not much lower than an '11 GT. Hope we see it again.....

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
here

1221051568_mXviY-L.jpg

with the heavy rain, that was as good as it gets

Krwy

Established Member
After digging through the photos, I seen who brought the Boss. Did you talk to him at all? He is a really nice guy, and loves what he does. It's always great talking to him about the latest and greatest with Ford.

Having driven the Boss 302 LS, it is everything that the name will live up to. The Boss is the best Mustang EVER. The LS takes it up a notch too.

And yes, the Red Key idle is worth every penny. Just wait till you hear one that has the exhaust baffles removed.

Graves

Established Member
A buddy of mine just picked up a Boss and the dealer told him the red key wouldn't "work" (change the tune) because the software wasn't ready to be mass-distributed (or something of that nature).
He also said that when it does, he has to make an appointment with a FRPP dealer to have the tune installed so the red key will work... and it will actually cost him money for the dealer to do this. $302, to be exact.

Am I the only one who thinks that since this is happening, that it should NOT cost the consumer extra money?

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
The TracKey was always going to be a dealer option. This means it adds cost. The software isn't available yet, because the Fed, and CARB have not approved it yet.

To me, $302 seems like a good deal, and we will certainly get it when we get our 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread