Boss 302 engine capability???

Reptar13

Established Member
What's the most someone has pushed these motors to?? For how long?? What power adder?? How consistently do you get on it??

Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't speak for big power adders....I'm running full cobra jet setup....fixing to add 47# injectors for e85 and kooks long tubes and h pipe...and I romp on mine pretty good anytime I drive it....I know w/ big power adders it's all in the tune and the style of driving.... i.e. you take care of it...it takes care of you kinda thang

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Ever had it on a Dyno? or the track?
No not yet....in my area dyno machines are few and far between....and haven't had the opportunity to get to a track to see where I'm at with the mods....but I think he's asking about BIG power adders like 4.0 liter superchargers or twin turbos or big single turbo kits....not necessarily full bolt on's

tek302

Established Member
I have every bolt on minus cobra jet setup. Before kooks shorty headers and frpp driveshaft on AED flex tune. It made 438 and 398. I imagine it's around 445 and 415 now.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I have every bolt on minus cobra jet setup. Before kooks shorty headers and frpp driveshaft on AED flex tune. It made 438 and 398. I imagine it's around 445 and 415 now.
I'm in the process of installing 47lb injectors on mine to do e85 and I'm gonna use Shaun's flex fuel tune....could you tell me how you like it?

Zemedici

Established Member
Got a customer with a 13. He's got a vortech, is on E85 with ID1000s, and a 3.33 pulley, makes right at 800whp.

tek302

Established Member
I'm in the process of installing 47lb injectors on mine to do e85 and I'm gonna use Shaun's flex fuel tune....could you tell me how you like it?

It's great. Running 29 to 30* of timing if I remember correctly. No drivability issues switching between fuels.

He will do a data log on 93 with your injectors then let you loose for E85 when your ready. No need to data log on the E. It ramps up timing to a max per the ethanol readings from your wide band sensor

Zemedici

Established Member
How long has he been around that power range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12-16 months or so, daily driven. He knows the potential what may happen though.

Fun fact : he called us about 3 weeks ago and wants to up the power....not without a fully built motor man. hahaha

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
It's great. Running 29 to 30* of timing if I remember correctly. No drivability issues switching between fuels.

He will do a data log on 93 with your injectors then let you loose for E85 when your ready. No need to data log on the E. It ramps up timing to a max per the ethanol readings from your wide band sensor
Awesome!!!! Thanks for the info

mystickb1996

Established Member
A lot of people have made over 800whp. I have a new 2.9 whipple on my 13 boss LS. It's running 10-11lbs tuned by aed. Makes around 710-720whp and has been flawless. These motors love boost.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Got a customer with a 13. He's got a vortech, is on E85 with ID1000s, and a 3.33 pulley, makes right at 800whp.

which vortech.. the v3? If so, that is a huge number for a "small" head unit. Awesome.

OP.. as im sure you know, the Boss motor was nicely over built by Ford. The rods are stronger than GT 11-14 rods, the pistons are forged, the crank is forged, and the heads while CNC ported, are also made out of a different aluminum than the standard 11-14 to withstand heat better (think prolonged track sessions).

To say these motors are tough is a massive understatement.

If I had a Boss 302, id add boost to the tune of 750 whp or so, and go to bed each night resting peacefully knowing the motor will withstand that amount for a LONG time.

GrabUblue

Established Member
I have a cpr snail on the way. I will be shooting for high 7s with opg's. I've seen many pushing high 7 low 800s.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I've been making over 720 RWHP for over 14000 miles without a hiccup. Car is very reliable. Great motor.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been making over 720 RWHP for over 14000 miles without a hiccup. Car is very reliable. Great motor.
If you don't mind me asking what adder are you using??

cprboss

Established Member
I started with a paxton and eventually got to 675 rw at high altitude - Denver. Ran it for 2 years and installed a CPR single. Have been in the 800-870 rwhp range, probably seen 900+ a few times lol. Has run a best of 9.29 @ 145 so far w a th400 and little seat time. I love the motor and also the turbo kit. Stock motor except for opg's.

Users who are viewing this thread