boss 260

BA Xr8

Established Member
Hi all I live in Australia and own a Ford Falcon XR8, this is ment to be a quad cam 5.4l engine. I have done some research and the bottom end was based on a the triton engine with 4v quad cam heads being built specifically for Australia, we also have a 3v head which is the exact same as the triton engine I think that is in your F150 lightnings. I am having problems over here with Superchargers as I am looking at using the M112 or M122 with the intercooler set up however to do such a set up over here it in excess of 12000 dollars which seems a bit excessive when I can buy a whole gt500 engine from USA for less than that.

Does anyone out there know if the heads on the Australian 4v models are compatiable with any of the american versions, I was also even thinking of bolting Gt500 heads onto my bottom end to be able to fit the M122. Does anyone know if that will work? I am only new to this so I appologise as I have posted in another section of this site. Any help would be great

DOHCavanti

Established Member
Of course, they are the same size C- heads as the Cobra had. You could do all kind sof things to get an Eaton there. Take a 2003/2004 Cobra 4.6 intake and buy the spacer kit that is available to make up the width (Reichard and KarKraft had them). You could also split that same intake in half and weld in a strip of aluminum.

Sure, swapping to GT500 heads would make the GT500 intake work. Watch out though, your headers won't fit then.

Users who are viewing this thread