Bosch Injector O-rings?

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
For anyone running the Bosch 160lb/hr or 210lb/hr injectors, did you have to change out the O-rings on them, and if so, which ones did you use?

I've got a set and I was comparing them to the rail and some old injectors. On my cheap calipers the O-rings are the same dimensions on the old injectors and the new Bosch ones- roughly 14.2mm OD, 3mm cross section. (Despite the Bosch official drawings calling out 13mm OD)

But when test fitting them in the rail they feel a little different. They both are very snug getting them in, then a little looser as you sit them deeper. But the Bosch ones take just a little less force. Not by a lot, but I can notice it. I don't know if I need bigger O-rings for them or not.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I know I followed his thread about getting them and it turned out they put the adapters on the wrong end, but I didn't see anything about the o-rings specifically.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I know I followed his thread about getting them and it turned out they put the adapters on the wrong end, but I didn't see anything about the o-rings specifically.
There's more to it. We talked offline about it. After he installed them he had leaks everywhere. Had to pull them out again and replace the o-rings. But I couldn't tell you where he got them and what he used.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Well that at least confirms my suspicions. Hopefully he chimes in at some point.

I might try with some of my old injector o-rings and see if that helps. If so, I can get a new standard Mustang set to replace the ones on it. If not I hope I don't have to break out the o-ring catalog and try to find something suitable.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Update- pulled the old stock o-rings off. ID/OD seemed the same. The cross sectional diameter on the old ones seemed slightly larger though, albeit only by <0.5mm. None of this is very easy to measure to such tight tolerances on a flexible, soft material.

I swapped the o-rings over to the new injectors. It was much more snug, maybe even more so than the old injectors, but again it's pretty subtle and hard to measure. I wonder if part of this could be a difference in just durometer? The new ones are very pliable, but the old ones a little less so. How much of this is age or intentional design I don't know. But trying a set of stock o-rings could be a viable option without going to the catalog.

GodStang

Established Member
sorry I am late to the party. I swapped out the ORings and hats to these from Fuel Injector Connection and they are so much better. Height Adapter 1" (14mm O-Ring)

E7484AE2-0DFF-4C33-BF97-DF26C4F2C7BD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread