Borla Stingers

Cobie03

Established Member
I have a ? regarding them. I am currently running a Flowmaster American Thunder catback with a BBK short offroad pipe and BBk LT's. I was wondering how much louder or quieter this catback will be to my current setup. But more importantly I was wondering if there is any HP/TQ gain from installing this catback. I like the way the flows sound but I need a little more. I aslo know this catback is expensive, But my ? is, is it worth the money. I heard them on a sound file at mustangexhaust.com and they sounded good. Any input on this is well appreciated. Also how do they compare to the SLP loudmouth, Magnaflow, MAC and Bassani catbacks in terms of performance. I know you don't gain much HP/TQ from a catback, but every little bit helps.:beer:

moonltgold

I won't address the sound issue -- too subjective. I think any of the choices above (if straight-thru design, i.e. SLP, Borla, Mags, etc.) will yield more PEAK hp/tq than the Flows. I had Flows and switched to Magnaflows -- Flows gave me 6 rwhp more at peak over stock, and the Mag catbacks gave me 14 more peak rwhp over stock. But the Flows showed a little more tq and hp below 5,000 rpm, about 5-8 rwhp on average. The Mags passed them out for both hp and tq above 5,000 rpm. A baffled muffler such as the Flows cannot compete with a straight-thru design in the upper rpm's. I've read the Flow was designed mainly for its unique sound -- to replicate the '60's muscle sound, not designed for total performance. As you may remember, most '60s engines redlined between 5 and 6 grand, much lower than modern Cobras, so the Flows would have been well suited to those older cars.

Users who are viewing this thread