Borla stingers too loud?

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I currently have a catted Bassani X, and a Bassani catback, I plan on switching to a Borla stinger catback. I originally wanted to also run a UPR offroad X pipe with it because it sounds pretty sick. However I don't want to get pulled over everyday so perhaprs I will stick with my Bassani catted X. Anybody have any experience with either setup that they can chime in on, and how often you get your balls busted by the local PD?

mach1won

Established Member
ive got a catted borla stinger system with a bbk o/r x pipe... never been bothered and i let it scream through town

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I used to have an M-55, it was the loudest out there. Finally took it off since I got tired of the noise. The Stingers have a nicer sound, but too many Mustangs out there have them!

Plenty of clips on YouTube as well...

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I used to have an M-55, it was the loudest out there. Finally took it off since I got tired of the noise. The Stingers have a nicer sound, but too many Mustangs out there have them!

Plenty of clips on YouTube as well...

Yeah Ive searched and found plenty of stinger offroad X combos but not really a catted Bassani/stinger combo, I think I found one or two.

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
my buddy had a 03 gt, yes its technically different but still, and we swapped his o/r prochamber for my catted bassani x. he had the combo with the stinger catback and it was awesome! so much better than the prochamber/stinger combo.

and my 99 cobra had the prochamber and bassani catback and it sucked after i swapped the x out for the p/c

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
if you do switch are you going to try selling the bassani X and cat? how many miles are on the current setup?

I am going to be selling definetly the Bassani catback, I think I am going to install the stingers with the Bassani X in place and see if I like it. If I dont then I will sell the Bassani X as well. How many miles are on it... not sure exactly, it was on the car when I bought it and since then I've put about 34k miles on it.

724COBRA

Established Member
I have a catted bassani X with Stingers and it is loud, but it sounds great in my opinion. I think it sounds mean. I have set off car alarms in the parking garage though lol

db281gt

Terminator GT
Established Member
I would do the off-road pipe and the bassani cat-back. The stingers with a off-road pipe is really too loud and sounds all most like slp

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
The bassani catback is definetly going... that much I know. Haha. I do however love the mixed reviews about it being too loud or not too loud. Me personally I don't care how loud it is, I just dont want to deal with getting pulled over.

Blueline

Established Member
I have bassani x with borla stingers. When I got the car it had hollowed cats, it was loud when you got on it, normal at idle. I bought Bassani high flow cats off a member on here and it sounds good now. I like the catted x pipe now, its quiet in the car while cruising and sounds awesome when you get on it. I figure I can go back and forth now when I want. Either way it is going to sound really good IMHO. Just depends how loud you want to be.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
O/R prochamber with Stingers here, and it just sounds awesome. Nice when just driving normal and cruising, but barks when you get into it.

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
I had a catted bassani x with stinger and that was the best sound and not too loud. Had it without the cats and WAY too loud for my taste.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
OR/X with stingers here, they are loud, I never got pulled over though. It depends on your state's or area's loudness policy, here noone really cares unless you're doing street blasts at 3am in the morning :banana:

And yes orx and stingers are loud, but i like it.

Users who are viewing this thread