borla stinger in socal

Orange Poison

Established Member
Congrats Robert :beer:

Man, I take my hat off to you by installing them yourself.:thumbsup:

You are the First!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear and see them this weekend.

CobraRLC

Established Member
Ask Tony,
I called him and he can back me up on the sound..... Started her up with the phone on the ground........

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraRLC
Ask Tony,
I called him and he can back me up on the sound..... Started her up with the phone on the ground........

:dw: I see Robert....See how it is.
Scratch his back & he Scratches ur back :burn:

Ur going down......so whats the deal? I asked for a sound bite.

Oh no my wife will make me sleep on the floor if i do that :nono:
:p

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Stayed up all night/morning wrenching the system on. Allan was right on target :) . The straight-through XR-1 mufflers are approximately half the size of the Maggie units. The idle sounds deeper, the growl much more pronounced. 7K revs are flat out scary. A more tedious installation than the Maggies, if only because the Stinger system is comprised of four, rather than two components.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Mustangscotty
I have a small videl clip I can send you. Need you email address..

thanks mustangscotty. actually, i already have your video clip and it's one of the reasons why i waited for the stinger. :thumbsup:

so, between robert and adam (or whoever else got one), who will have one posted first? :D

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Any chance one of you might be able to help me install mine sometime next week? I'm picking it up today, but I'm out of town all weekend... I'd attempt it myself, but I doubt if I have the tools or knowledge to do it, and I'd likely screw something up.

~Berj

Orange Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
Gotta bug rlc soon so we can hear why I passed up.

I had a reality slap in the face. I dont want to double up on mods just for sound when Im quite happy with my maggie sound and for that money I can get a good set of drag radials

George, I'd have been happy if you'd had gotten the Stinger,

but as it is......looks like I'll be the only Sonic rollin' in So Cal with the Stinger.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
spent close to 2 hours swapping out the 3" mac catback for the stinger (1.25 hrs taking the mac off!) and drove around for about an hour. here are my impressions...

[ fit/visual impressions/installation ]

* first thing i noticed was how light the whole setup was. i figure about a 25-30lb weight savings over the mac. the non-chrome tubing and muffler were very heavy.

* holding the muffler up to a light you can see straight through like the magnapacks. the internals look like the baffles that bassani uses. the bends and welds are near flawless and the tips look awesome. the grade of stainless will undoubtedly outlast my car.

* the sections that slide in and out really help make lining up everything really easy. i had a little trouble w/ the passenger side dropping a little lower but had the same issue w/ the mac. i'll probably have to adjust it a bit more once i see it in daylight, but i think my hangars are a little off.

* at the differential the pipes are awfully close together (looks like less than 1/8"). i tried sliding things around on the hangars but they're still close.

[ sound/performance ]

* db-wise, it seems to be about a little quieter than the mac from about 1500-4000rpm. after 4000rpm the stinger sounds meaner and a little louder than the mac, but not harsh (iow, more "performance" rather than just plain loud). a little bit of a droan (like practically every other aftermarket exhaust out there) but it's nothing downshifting won't take care of.

* burbles a little more than the mac when you let off the gas. at idle it's damn near silent.

* tone-wise, it's not as deep as the mac in the lower rpm's but still sounds pretty damn good. i still haven't heard adam's setup for an x-pipe comparison, and though i'm sure it sounds excellent, imho i think that a hiflow h-pipe (prochamber here i come) would really go well w/ it.

* the coating smells pretty bad after driving it around for a bit. i'm sure it'll go away after a few more miles but if you've got the time, you should consider cleaning that stuff off before installing. it's stainless anyway.

* it feels like i got some torque back going from the 3" to the 2.5" but i'll have to wait until the car gets dyno'd again.

* the hat that came w/ the exhaust is really nice! sure would be nice if other manufacturers added little touches like that.

overall i'm extremely happy w/ the stinger. it was worth the wait! :beer:

Last edited:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
cobrarlc's stinger vid!

:beer:

here's a couple pics of mine post-install:

from the rear...

rear_stinger.jpg

rear quarter view...

side_stinger.jpg

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey Allan, Id sent ya another file :D

Can u start a new thread for it :beer:

Allan the 2nd pic looks like a toy car. It looks freaking nice bro. :beer: :beer:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Hey Allan, Id sent ya another file :D

Can u start a new thread for it :beer:

got it! new thread coming shortly. ;-)

Allan the 2nd pic looks like a toy car. It looks freaking nice bro. :beer: :beer:

it is a toy car - MY toy. :D thanks dude! when it grows up it wants to sound like yours. ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
got it! new thread coming shortly. ;-)

it is a toy car - MY toy. :D thanks dude! when it grows up it wants to sound like yours. ;-)

Thanks Allan :thumbsup:

Id bet that Adams car would sound crazy with out Cats :eek:
Im sure the cats are good for like 10db loudness.

:beer: :beer:

I had to look at the pic a few times bro :eek: 1st impression u get is it looks like a Die Cast Toy. I had a chance to hear Adams exhaust on the freeway :thumbsup:

Now if u get the ProChamber OMFG !!!! :D

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by Andorion
Any chance one of you might be able to help me install mine sometime next week? I'm picking it up today, but I'm out of town all weekend... I'd attempt it myself, but I doubt if I have the tools or knowledge to do it, and I'd likely screw something up.

~Berj

Berj if you need any help Pm me.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
You guys gotta hear Dave's ride on the freeway...
He pulled to the side so he could hear mine...
But I had to move back behind him after a few miles or so...
Just so I could hear his the Magnapack/Bassani setup again...
Crazy loud...Not a bad, crazy loud...Good, crazy loud...

Users who are viewing this thread