Borla S vs. Ford Racing

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I know Ford Racing are made by Borla.

Are these the same mufflers in regards to the sound?

I can see the tips are slightly different with a polished inner lip on the Ford Racing and I would assume they say Ford Racing instead of Borla.

Thanks, Tom

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I have heard the S-types are higher quality and sound better than the Ford Racing version.

S-types are the best sounding AB’s I have heard. I found a nice used pair and love them.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The Ford racing mufflers are almost like Borla stingers. They're pretty damn loud with no cats. The Borla S type mufflers sound clean but will probably drone a little.

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
I love the borlas and think they’re the best sounding axlebacks, but hate the tips lol.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
The Ford racing mufflers are almost like Borla stingers. They're pretty damn loud with no cats. The Borla S type mufflers sound clean but will probably drone a little.

I should have clarified--I have S with the rest of the stock OEM exhaust.

I am pleased with the sound, but really LIKE the tips of the Ford Racing tips. There is no drone with my current setup.

I tried 13-14 SS exhaust with the rest of my stock setup and the drone was HORRIBLE.

Tom

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I should have clarified--I have S with the rest of the stock OEM exhaust.

I am pleased with the sound, but really LIKE the tips of the Ford Racing tips. There is no drone with my current setup.

I tried 13-14 SS exhaust with the rest of my stock setup and the drone was HORRIBLE.

Tom
Oh gotcha, yeah the Ford racing mufflers have no drone at all, but they're are a little louder than then S type mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread