Borla S-Type Quad Tip

GrabberBlue5.0

Established Member
It appears the borla s-type quad tip is no longer being produced and I am unable to find a pair, new or used, anywhere. I currently have Corsa Xtreme quad tips as well as stock GT500 quad tips with long tubes and catless x-pipe. One is far too quiet and one is far too loud lol, plus I want something with a deeper tone than Corsa (therefore Corsa Sports aren't really an option, and neither is the Ford Racing Sport).

Has anyone tried to turn the single tip S-Type into a dual tip?

I have also considered getting some active exhaust axle backs from an 18+, and modifying the hangers and inlet pipe to fit the S197, and just having a manual open/close instead of worrying about motors and electronics.

Any thoughts/tips/experiences are welcome!

96gt02

Established Member
I have a different potential solution for you that I did when having a similar issue of exhausts being too loud or quiet. Leave the louder mufflers and get 13-14 GT OTA pipes which have the resonators in them, worked great for me

96gt02

Established Member
ah shit sorry was thinking you also had a GT500, ok how about this then, remove the resonators with either GT500 or Borla OTA and use the stock GT500 quads, will be much louder that way

96gt02

Established Member
my exhaust was very loud without the resonators, put the resonators on and now I have to change mufflers again to make it a little louder lol

kingcobra323

Established Member
And I want to quiet my car down. Currently running custom kooks quads. So I believe a good shop could make a single S type into a quad tip.b

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread