Borla has an ignorant owner with no class or customer service skills

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
Nice work Tom's 03SVT. Rather than bitching about the problem, you went right to the source and got it resolved privately, professionally, and quickly. In your situation, you had several hundred bucks on the line. Just think, if you whined about it... you could've had your own thread ;)

Yes, Borla could've handled it differently but, they didn't. This has been covered several times. However, the shoe does not always have to be on the vendor's foot. Since we don't live in a perfect world, sometimes we have to adjust to the situation and focus on what we want (a resolution). In Tom's case, he wanted his exhaust install corrected, he simply called Chris, which resolved the issue. Others might get better satisfaction by focusing on the emotion and perhaps feel compelled to warn others, which apparently didn't resolve the issue.

A couple notes...

- A manufacturer that rarely has an event like this one and who does not sell direct to the public, may be rusty on their consumer sales skills. If someone wants something, they'll have a better chance of getting it, if they focus on a resolution not the problem or the symptom.

- No matter how bad the situation might have been, this thread is just providing free publicity to Borla. They are too big to hurt with a few potentially lost sales. And people not directly affected by stuff like this forget quickly and easily; if they want Borla exhaust, this thread probably isn't gonna stop them and if it does stop them, it doesn't fix anything but, deprive others from nice exhaust. Perhaps, if we keep bickering about this like a bunch of old women, we can keep the thread alive for another five-years. Maybe then their sales could be affected some but, I doubt it.

Wow! Why do u continue to take shots.....:??: I spoke my piece and that was it.......u continue to bark about it.....someone with your age and experience should know when to speak post your opinion and leave all alone. Are u a **rla employee.......because with all the sucking up your doing for them i will make sure next time i do see i will have some blistex for u and those lips of yours!:bored:

But please continue to mouth off..........or maybe i will start another thread after you, since you like to talk so much.:burn:

2001BlackSVT

You're First or Last
Established Member
Grow up tool-bag. If I worked for Borla, I wouldn't want trash like you driving around with my exhaust system on your car.

You're right, we're in America, and there is the freedom of speech, but have you ever heard of libel or slander? Take your whining somewhere else, your defamation of an upstanding company is pointless banter. If you don't like Borla, don't buy it. Everyone that wants Borla will buy Borla, everyone that doesn't, won't. Your thread title alone speaks worlds about your maturity for a 29 year old Playboy Mansion Security Gaurd that lives in da ghetto :rollseyes

Wow! Why do u continue to take shots.....:??: I spoke my piece and that was it.......u continue to bark about it.....someone with your age and experience should know when to speak post your opinion and leave all alone. Are u a **rla employee.......because with all the sucking up your doing for them i will make sure next time i do see i will have some blistex for u and those lips of yours!:bored:

But please continue to mouth off..........or maybe i will start another thread after you, since you like to talk so much.:burn:

Klay

Established Member
Nice work Tom's 03SVT. Rather than bitching about the problem, you went right to the source and got it resolved privately, professionally, and quickly. In your situation, you had several hundred bucks on the line. Just think, if you whined about it... you could've had your own thread ;)

Yes, Borla could've handled it differently but, they didn't. This has been covered several times. However, the shoe does not always have to be on the vendor's foot. Since we don't live in a perfect world, sometimes we have to adjust to the situation and focus on what we want (a resolution). In Tom's case, he wanted his exhaust install corrected, he simply called Chris, which resolved the issue. Others might get better satisfaction by focusing on the emotion and perhaps feel compelled to warn others, which apparently didn't resolve the issue.

A couple notes...

- A manufacturer that rarely has an event like this one and who does not sell direct to the public, may be rusty on their consumer sales skills. If someone wants something, they'll have a better chance of getting it, if they focus on a resolution not the problem or the symptom.

- No matter how bad the situation might have been, this thread is just providing free publicity to Borla. They are too big to hurt with a few potentially lost sales. And people not directly affected by stuff like this forget quickly and easily; if they want Borla exhaust, this thread probably isn't gonna stop them and if it does stop them, it doesn't fix anything but, deprive others from nice exhaust. Perhaps, if we keep bickering about this like a bunch of old women, we can keep the thread alive for another five-years. Maybe then their sales could be affected some but, I doubt it.

Well if Borla actual took the stance you claim they wouldn't be in business long because there is thing called customer service and if you just expect the customer to go out of their way to resolve an issue they feel you wronged them on, you will be getting a lot of bad publicity. Being big won't matter if you keep telling customers to screw off. There are too many comeptitors for companies like borla to be throwing away customers just because they don't want to deal with it. Of course, I am not asserting that Borla actually does this, just refuting that the Op needs to go out of his way to correct something he felt wrong on. Now, you are right though that it is best for the customer to be nice because it's harder for someone to be rude or mean to you if you are courteous and nice.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
Grow up tool-bag. If I worked for Borla, I wouldn't want trash like you driving around with my exhaust system on your car.

You're right, we're in America, and there is the freedom of speech, but have you ever heard of libel or slander? Take your whining somewhere else, your defamation of an upstanding company is pointless banter.

Your an Idiot! what does libel, slander or defamation have to do with this?
He has stated facts and there were witnesses to the incident.
Why don't you go look up the definitions to those words before
use them.:loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser:

Last edited:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
I just read through the 3 pages, and the impression that I got is that arodsvt, you complained about a problem, and people seemed to just jump on you.

The rep that was in here did seem to try to minimize you as a customer and single you out by repeatedly dropping names and saying how great their customer service is.

However, you kind of dug yourself a hole with some of your comments. But again, its normal for someone to respond how you did, since you probably feel up against the wall with some of these people responding against you.

It's obvious thought that most here that bash you do not truly understand what customer service really is.

The borla rep in here should have honored the exhaust price or at least made an attempt to give you a better price. Ultimately from what I have learned in customer service, its not always about the money, but about the service. Perhaps he could have offered free installation instead of a price discount. Of maybe offered you a freebie of some other kind.

To the rep: I understand your company is a reputable one, and that one customer will not make a dent in your company but you cant ignore the customer's need either. As you surely know you can't possibly have 100% customer satisfaction. It is not possible to please absolutely every one. That does not mean that you don't have great customer service, that is just how things are in customer service. However KNOWING about a specific customer and his problem and not offering a private resolution is infact bad customer service.

I for one have a borla exhaust system on my car and think its great, but its just a bit disappointing how borla handled this particular situation.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Pray tell; And what was the reason this thread was resurrected from it’s last entry of 03-18-2008, 03:50 PM :??::nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread