Borla has an ignorant owner with no class or customer service skills

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
If this is a little bad news and you didn't feel it important enough to bother the owner, why are you bothering us? We can't help you and to be honest, if people want Borla exhaust on their car, they're gonna buy it regardless of the "little bad news" you have for us. I'd venture to say that on every response you post, you're giving free advertising to Borla.

If I felt that I was insulted or mis-treated, I would have mentioned something to Chris or Alex. If they had a similar attitude, I would've layed two 10 inch lines down their driveway and made them choke on smoke :burnout:. But, if I really wanted Borla exhaust, I would've then bought the system from a vendor at a discounted price. I'm sure I would've confronted the situation first by going directly to Alex :)

As far as the price, they have every right to not discount their products to the price we want. They're selling their stuff all over the world, I'm sure they know a thing or two about pricing ethics and marketing. Were you thinking that they had this event just to make a couple of sales? :nonono:

I personally would've been over it a long time ago. Now... 360 hits later... you're not lookin' so popular... cut your losses and get over it... Borla is probably gonna make a ton of sales no matter how much you slam them.

I only spent 5-minutes talking to you on Saturday. I know you are a great guy and that you're bigger than this. Don't let it consume the good in you!

Like i said this is why we live in the country we do.................freedom is our right.:rockon:

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
As the exclusive Mustang exhaust choice in both design and manufacture for Jack Roush, Carol Shelby, Ford Racing and Steeda in combination with decades worth of Mustang owners still fully satisfied with their Borla branded parts (and thousands more added every year) it's a shame to see our commitment to serving the Mustang community in question over this.......

We have over 30 years of resources invested in the patented design of our Mustang products and we manufacture them from the finest (and most expensive) materials available, by hand in the United States. Furthermore, unlike most other Mustang aftermarket exhaust manufacturers, our mufflers are built by us, in our own facility (the same one you all visited as a matter of fact) and every exhaust system we build implements a custom muffler built exactly for that configuration and engine size (as opposed to the "universal" mufflers used by our competition). Jack Roush and Carol Shelby know the difference and have no hesitation in spending a little more for our products.

The reason I bring this up is because I'd like to point out that Borla Performance Industries is a high profile company, with decades of success in the Mustang market and we have absolutely no reason to upset anyone.

For example, I can tell you for certain that the accusation made towards me regarding my statement about Tbyrne closing was completely false. Tbyrne is in fact not currently doing business and may never again. With all of the detail in the response to my previous post, this fact was somehow not acknowledged which suggests that at this point we are being unjustly persecuted.

arodsvt unreasonably and aggresively accused me, personally of something that was entirely wrong when he said "then her son buts in and says one of the companys i had mentinoned was out of buisness". Yet, he did not acknowledge this or apologize for the accusation. I only bring this up to clearly show the members of this community that he misunderstood us about a major element of this argument making it entirely possible that the entire thing was a misunderstanding. Apologize for what i called the company early in the week and they were eager to sell me there products, im sure when u do and inquiry with a company going out of buisness that, thats the first thing there going to tell u when your trying to purchase something from them, it wouldnt make sense.......

arodsvt - Again, I apologize if you feel slighted by the way we communicated the fact that you could not purchase a Jeep exhaust from us at a discount during our Mustang Open House last Saturday. We've apologized for any miscommunication on our part and done our best to point out all of the things that went wrong to try and resolve this.

While I hate to see a large font, bold faced and color titled thread unreasonably tarnishing my family's name to the extreme I unfortunately do not know what else I can bring to the table that might make arodsvt feel whole again. Are u asking the people on this forum for there opinion on what u think u could have done better? I think u could have sent me pm honestly and asked me personally to see what could have made this misunderstanding whole again, if u guys are the company u say u are, actions speak louder than words David.....!
:idea:

Last edited:

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
You've done plenty. His posts speak for themselves as far as attitude and credibility is concerned. :read:

Its easy to say that when it didnt happen to u.......plus u choose not to go the event, nice comment when ur typing it, makes u feel like a big man! :loser:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Whats wrong with making some noise...................the last time i knew this is our rite as an American, freedom of speech! Well in fact i felt attacked. How is trying to get a deal being negative im sure everyone wouldnt mind saving a dollar or two somtime.:bored:

yes it is your right as an American to freedom of speech... it is also your right to take the heat when people dont like what you have the right to say.....

when you are negative with someone they tend to relate back to you in the same manner..and the outcome may not be to your satisfaction..

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
david borla;,

I have always loved your products & still do. I don't think anyone is questioning your products. What is in question is the way this dude was talked to buy the Mrs. An apology shortly after this incident would have been the best & most simple solution... I have never been talked to like this guy was. If that happened to me I would be a little upset too. ;-)

Admitting she barked at him a little in the conversation last weekend & saying sorry is all that is needed... :(

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
david borla;,

I have always loved your products & still do. I don't think anyone is questioning your products. What is in question is the way this dude was talked to buy the Mrs. An apology shortly after this incident would have been the best & most simple solution... I have never been talked to like this guy was. If that happened to me I would be a little upset too. ;-)

Admitting she barked at him a little in the conversation last weekend & saying sorry is all that is needed... :(

Most intelligent post in this entire thread.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Most intelligent post in this entire thread.

I'm glad you agree with me DAN. It's pretty simple, Alex Borla & Alyse Borla are nice people (from what I have heard). But, Alyse needs to be a lot more careful & respectful when she is talking with current & future customers... :(

Maybe she was having a bad day but a SORRY would be nice.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
david borla;,

Whoa... I didn't see your Cobra there, were you driving something else or did I actually miss another Terminator :??:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
**Borla Update**
I was having an issue with the fit and finish of my new Borla catback. the rear piping and tips weren't even. I took it to a local shop to see if I could get the system adjusted.

I got there and one of the techs looked at it and said I was pretty much stuck with it the way it was. So not taking no for an answer, I called Chris over at Borla and asked if there was anything they could do to help me out. He told me to come by Borla's plant around 10:30 today and he would see what he could do. I was just looking for a replacement passenger side exhaust pipe and tip.

I get there and the guys at Borla dropped everything and took a dealer car off the thier lift and put my car right on. After a couple of minutes of examination they noticed that my X pipe was not completely level (one side a little lower than the other). that was throwing off the passenger side pipe, they had bent and dented one of the hangers and a portion of the tubing during the original install and couldnt get the bend right for the tips to be flush (completely my cars fault).

Not only did they stopped everything on the production line to bend me a custom exhaust tube they replaced the catback too because of the damage to the hangers.

How's that for customer service! they were completely professional and never made me feel like I was a PIA for being there. I was in and out of there in 90 minutes.

Last edited:

Klay

Established Member
Not that my opinion matters too much but my impression from reading this thread is as follows. One, the borla representative in this thread seems to be fairly professional overall but I think you wrote a little too much about how good your customer service and products are. When someone is upset with how they were treated by a borla emplyee, the last thing they want to hear is how good of customer service you guys have. Obviously, because they haven't really got to experience it so I would personally take that comment as a way of saying my complaint is minimal and that there is probably just something wrong with me.

Of course, there are those customers who make huge deals out of nothing and you really can't satisfy them. However, I think he is somewhat justified in his complaint (although I don't really think it is a major problem and didn't warrant the thread title it got.) I think a simple, what can we do to fix this problem would have been the best solution in the end though.

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
Nice work Tom's 03SVT. Rather than bitching about the problem, you went right to the source and got it resolved privately, professionally, and quickly. In your situation, you had several hundred bucks on the line. Just think, if you whined about it... you could've had your own thread ;)

Yes, Borla could've handled it differently but, they didn't. This has been covered several times. However, the shoe does not always have to be on the vendor's foot. Since we don't live in a perfect world, sometimes we have to adjust to the situation and focus on what we want (a resolution). In Tom's case, he wanted his exhaust install corrected, he simply called Chris, which resolved the issue. Others might get better satisfaction by focusing on the emotion and perhaps feel compelled to warn others, which apparently didn't resolve the issue.

A couple notes...

- A manufacturer that rarely has an event like this one and who does not sell direct to the public, may be rusty on their consumer sales skills. If someone wants something, they'll have a better chance of getting it, if they focus on a resolution not the problem or the symptom.

- No matter how bad the situation might have been, this thread is just providing free publicity to Borla. They are too big to hurt with a few potentially lost sales. And people not directly affected by stuff like this forget quickly and easily; if they want Borla exhaust, this thread probably isn't gonna stop them and if it does stop them, it doesn't fix anything but, deprive others from nice exhaust. Perhaps, if we keep bickering about this like a bunch of old women, we can keep the thread alive for another five-years. Maybe then their sales could be affected some but, I doubt it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread