Borla atak vs borla stingers

SVTJminick

Established Member
I'm in market for new cat back exhaust from a 13/4 kooks long tubes ... Was just curious about the differences besides the 100$

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
All I know is the ATAK are supposed to be louder than the Stingers. I have the Stingers and love the sound.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i had an exhaust leak and my stingers sounded awesome. they fixed it and its way too mellow....i am looking at ataks now.

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
I have stingers and love them. I came from slp lm1 which were too lpud for my taste. The stingers have a deep tone to them just not as raspy and the slps.

MACHCT

Established Member
I had stock manifolds, UPR O/R X-pipe, and ATAKS and it was way too loud. Now I have o/r pro-chamber with stingers and it sounds good but not quite as loud as I would like it so I might switch back to the O/r x-pipe.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
I had stock manifolds, UPR O/R X-pipe, and ATAKS and it was way too loud. Now I have o/r pro-chamber with stingers and it sounds good but not quite as loud as I would like it so I might switch back to the O/r x-pipe.
Do long tubes instead. It will make it a bit louder and you will free up a few ponies.

MACHCT

Established Member
Nah, I dont find longtubes worth it on my set up. I can't install them myself and I sure am not paying a shop big $$$ to do it.

SVTJminick

Established Member
That is the setup I ended up with!! 1 3/4 kooks with kooks OR/x and borla atak ... Car is so loud inside the car but sounds crisp outside and fly bys !! I love it and everyone who hears it says the same

GodStang

Established Member
Ok want to throw one more in. What about the Borla XR1 compared to the Borla ATAK, to the Borla Stingers?

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Ok want to throw one more in. What about the Borla XR1 compared to the Borla ATAK, to the Borla Stingers?
Just FYI I have kooks longtubes o/r x with a bassani catback. It's a setup that isn't as common. Which is why I went with it. Very deep, and super loud when gunning it. Just giving you another option to consider.

GodStang

Established Member
Just FYI I have kooks longtubes o/r x with a bassani catback. It's a setup that isn't as common. Which is why I went with it. Very deep, and super loud when gunning it. Just giving you another option to consider.

Ya I ran kooks with Bassani for 8 years than when I went to full 3" I swapped to JBA and don't like the sound. So I am looking for a 3" stainless steel muffler to replace the JBA mufflers in the JBA cat back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread