Borla ATAK 500

j21

Established Member
hmm im not sure if the exhaust hangars are diff or not. let me do some research

4Cam

Established Member
hmm im not sure if the exhaust hangars are diff or not. let me do some research

Much appreciated! Do you think there would be any performance issues :dancenana: if the hangers are the same? I do know the 13s horsepower is a tiny bit different. I do know that roush and other manufactures use the same muffler for the 11-14.

j21

Established Member
Just look on stage3 performance. (Where I ordered mine) and it seems as if they are the same there's not one for just the 13-14's. Only has 11-14

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Killier deal for Borla ataks. For those concerned with 11-12 and 13-14 specific tips, its quite a simple fix. All you have to do is some minor adjustment in the mid pipe or in an extreme case cut a little off of the over the axle pipe that mates to the mid pipe. I dont think ataks have the issue though like the Roush axle backs do

04blkoutstng

Killier deal for Borla ataks. For those concerned with 11-12 and 13-14 specific tips, its quite a simple fix. All you have to do is some minor adjustment in the mid pipe or in an extreme case cut a little off of the over the axle pipe that mates to the mid pipe. I dont think ataks have the issue though like the Roush axle backs do

To my knowledge all 13-14's will experience this issue if using an exhaust for an 11-12 because of the slight design change. I know that the Borla's will stick out ~6". Borla makes axle/catbacks specifically for the 13-14 to fix the issue. Like USNjocson pointed out, it's a relatively simple fix - it just depends on whether or not you want/can make the adjustments yourself or want to pay a shop to do it.

Cheers,
Jordan

swedensky

Established Member
Just so everyone knows, I have 11-12 borla atak on my 2013 and there is no figment issue or hanger issue etc. just they stick out a little more, it doesn't bother me At all.

Users who are viewing this thread