Borg S475 anyone?

Av3ng3d

Established Member
Does anyone have any sort of experience with this turbo?
I’m trying to plan out a turbo build, and want to keep spoolup as reasonable as possible for a mostly street but occasional drag 6spd car.
Specifically looking at the Borg S475 75/96 with 1.15 Hot side as an alternative to the precision 7675 because I really have had great experiences with Borg turbos on some 4 cylinder cars I’ve owned in the past.

Power “goal” would be perhaps 900-950hp tops but I want to get there with as minimal lag as possible using the t56. For what’s its worth I’ll likely be using a 99 intake & lid.
If anyone has a better turbo suggestion (even if smaller twins would work better) I’m all ears.

SVTsteele

Established Member
I have a pte 7675 with a t56 now and i did not like the amount of lag it had personally, new motor has more compression so will see how that changes things.

Turbin8r

Established Member
Sorry just seeing this. I called Juan at Forced Inductions and he spec-ed out an S476-ETR HO for my car. The goal was at least 1000whp. It lags just a little but I've driven worse. It's a billet compressor wheel which from my understanding helps spool. You can also call him yourself and just ask. He's extremely knowledgeable.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I have a s480 billet wheel spec-Ed by work turbochargers. It’s a big ass turbo and I’m having issues getting it to fit. Even with ac deleted. Not sure how much bigger it is physically to the s475.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Turbin8r

Established Member
I have a s480 billet wheel spec-Ed by work turbochargers. It’s a big ass turbo and I’m having issues getting it to fit. Even with ac deleted. Not sure how much bigger it is physically to the s475.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I have the CG Fab hot side with AC retained. I actually had to put 2 huge fans on the front blowing backward but it actually does pretty good. I have a crossover delete, drilled 160 degree thermostat and the fans kick on at 190. I rarely see 200 degrees in Phoenix as long as I'm not sitting in traffic with the AC on. The fans I for are Zirgo 3000cfm.

Turbin8r

Established Member
Compression doesn't have anything to do with spool unfortunately, it's a myth.
This is true. It gives you the perception of better spool because of the increased low end power and you could get away with less intake manifold pressure with higher compression so you don't need to spool as high.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I have the CG Fab hot side with AC retained. I actually had to put 2 huge fans on the front blowing backward but it actually does pretty good. I have a crossover delete, drilled 160 degree thermostat and the fans kick on at 190. I rarely see 200 degrees in Phoenix as long as I'm not sitting in traffic with the AC on. The fans I for are Zirgo 3000cfm.

Do you have any pics of your setup that may be an option for me. Sorry to jack your thread op

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread