Border Patrol (?) Raptor For Sale

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
Stumbled across this looking to see if ole Uncle Sam was getting rid of anything good...

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/?sl=91QSCI16085317

Do you all think its a border patrol truck? I think so looking at the seats and the description talking about all of the electronics that have been removed as well as the selling location. Would be neat to have, but I'm sure shes beat to death!

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
You DO NOT want to buy this truck. They are amazing vehicles, but they get put to the test in our line of work. Based on where it is being auctioned, it spent a lot of time on some really rough roads.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
It is not a Border Patrol vehicle. It belongs to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. While it may have been driven in rough terrain, which it is built to handle, I'm sure it's fine mechanically. If it were a Border Patrol vehicle, it would have body damage, scuffed and missing paint. Also, the center console is replaced with a metal unit to house all of the service equipment. All of our Raptors have four doors, at least where I am. Knowing where and how they are used/driven, I would not buy one.

This one is probably worth a look.

VaporGT

-
Established Member
One of my good friends from high school is now a supervisor in AZ BP. He has a work Raptor that he drives, after some of the stories he has told me, I wouldn't come close to that thing. They keep up with the maintenance very well, but its been to hell and back.

Users who are viewing this thread