Boots: what are you wearing?

fangstang

Established Member
you're into only boots? Or sneakers too?
I started off with Jordans back when I was in 7th grade. I got my first pair. 89 Jordans in black. Took off from there. It would be hard for me to explain it to you at the time. NOBOBY was collecting then. I was a HUGE Jordan/Bulls fan at the time. To the point where I had kids in school following me around the hallways to see what I had on. EVERYONE was a Knicks fan so it was constant back and forth with the whole school. I remeber when they called my name during graduation and everyone was yelling out "Jordan". I had 30 pairs of Jordans by the time I graduated in 1995. Think about that. Unheard of. And no, I wasnt well off in order to afford them. I just saved everying and they became my obsession. It was a magical time and I guess you can say that I was way ahead of my time with sneaker collecting. I collected because my favorite player was wearing them, now, people collect for status. Its become a joke. I stopped collecting religiously back in 2000 or so. It wasnt fun anymore. It became annoying to have to try to get sneakers before the resellers got a hold of them. I only pick up the occassional original color scheme Jordans of my favorite models. Still managed to collect 150+ pairs. Imagine if I never stopped? lol.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
For boots I like Carolina's made in Pennsylvania. They're comfortable and they wear well. But since I'm mostly relegated to the office it's New Balance sneaks. And yes I still wear jean shorts in the summer.
I have a nice pair of Chippewa's also made in the USA that I like.

I don't beat them up like I used too so comfort trumps all else and I never found a more comfortable boot then a U.S made Carolina.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Double H, the pride of Martinsburg, PA.

1652918945223.jpeg

helldiver14

Established Member
-At work I wear Danner Acadias
-Growing up on the farm I wore Double H and still do around the yard and woods and running errands
-If I’m trying to be classy, I wear my Anderson Beans

I wear boots everyday anything else just feels weird

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I wear flip flops and some cheap ass slip on things to work my wife got me. lol
Sanuk flip flops year round here unless there’s snow on the ground. Then I have a pair of some kind of boots to get me from the house to the truck and move the snow. Then back to flip flops

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'm a fan of them. I don't like spending money on shoes, etc. They're reasonable, comfortable and seem to last.

This is my first pair of Ariats. I've had numerous pairs of Justin before the Ariats, but I wanted to give these a try. I really like them.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I am from MN and have relatives that were issued red wings from the railroad that they passed down to their grandchildren.

They are real around here, it is wild to see them turned into poser yuppie boots in the rest of the country.

I have some red wings myself, but like you stated, have seen them now gravitate towards hipster style boots of choice, unfortunately… LOL

BLOWN PONY

Established Member

Bought a pair of these 6ish years ago and have bought 2 more pairs since. The most comfortable boot I've ever worn.
When its cool enough I wear them all the time. Got 1 pair for work, one pair for around the home, and one pair I keep nice to go out in. The only downside is they are hiking boots so the soles are pretty soft rubber and wear out after about 2 years walking on concrete.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I pretty much only wear boots for work and the company pays the first $150 towards a pair every year so I don't usually go over that.
Right now I'm wearing these.

This is what I've worn before and I liked them, but the boot vendor doesn't carry them anymore. I'm a big fan of side zip boots.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Wore Wolverines for a long time and loved them but they changed the line up and they started to fit weird.

I wear Keen Utility Flint work boots in both low(daily) and high(mud/snow...etc. They wear great, feel like tennis shoes and keep my feet warm in the winter yet somehow are not boiling in the summer.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I buy new pair of Irish Setters (Red Wing) just about once a year. Wear them daily for work and love them.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m on my fourth of fifth consecutive pair of Keen boots. Railroad ballast chews them up pretty good, but I’m getting about a year and a half out of each pair. Could wear them longer but no need as I get new ones yearly.

Very comfortable, they look okay, nothing fancy.

Users who are viewing this thread