Boost levels

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Hey I am about to start bolt ons and I just started showing 16 psi now in cooler weather (last 3 days) everytime I run the revs up. Im wondering if the previous owner had already done the upper pulley swap and returned to stock tune before I bought her. Everything I read says the factory boost is 14.8 lbs maximum. I have never seen it above 15 until now. Is it possible to show 16psi with the factory upper pulley? Scary part is I have drove it hard for 13,000 miles!

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Hey I am about to start bolt ons and I just started showing 16 psi now in cooler weather (last 3 days) everytime I run the revs up. Im wondering if the previous owner had already done the upper pulley swap and returned to stock tune before I bought her. Everything I read says the factory boost is 14.8 lbs maximum. I have never seen it above 15 until now. Is it possible to show 16psi with the factory upper pulley? Scary part is I have drove it hard for 13,000 miles!
I measured the diameter of the upper pulley ( 8.75”) and divided by pie (3.14) which comes to 2.78 , is this factory? Lower pulley looks stock.?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I measured the diameter of the upper pulley ( 8.75”) and divided by pie (3.14) which comes to 2.78 , is this factory? Lower pulley looks stock.?

Yes it stock. The 13/14 got a smaller pulley. Also in cold weather you could peak higher boost due to dense air.

If you are bothered you could data log it

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Yes it stock. The 13/14 got a smaller pulley. Also in cold weather you could peak higher boost due to dense air.

If you are bothered you could data log it
Thanks man. Has anyone else shown 16psi on the dash gauge with factory pulleys setup? Thanks

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I have a bolt on mods . My dash psi boost gauge reads 19psi at WOT. Sometimes the needle is pinned. But on dynos in 2 separate shops measuring direct boost showed the actual boost to be 16.3-16.5 psi. The dash gauge is reliable but not accurate.....but I still drive with the boost gauge displayed on my dash lol!

darksykal

Established Member
Factory boost gauge is horrible. It's essentially programmed and beyond useless other than a cool thing to see move.

My stock boost gauge showed 21 PSI, on the dyno I'm at 17.3

Users who are viewing this thread