Boost Leash Users Please Chime In!

Big Q

Established Member
Okay, so i ran my plumbing yesterday for the boost leash exactly as these instructions showed. CO2 line to the CO2 in port on the solenoid (not hooked up yet waiting on my tank), the TO Y ports off the solenoid go to a Y then a single line ran underneath the car to another Y so they can individually go to a fitting on top of each wg. Drilled and tapped another hole on one wg and ran the line back to the map sensor and attached on the gate side. For the map sensor boost side I ran the tubing and connected it on the cold side compressor housing. I started the car and had no boost indication revving it up to 3k-4k on the leash. On the right hand side of the instructions (the blue line with arrows on the bottom half of the wg's) I have those connected just between the wastegates, do those need tee'd and and connected with another port on the compressor housing? This is my first turbo and boost control so I've got a learning curve going on here lol...

Should add I have 3lb springs in each gate and pressure tested my connections and have no leaks.

image1 (11).JPG

Last edited:

Big Q

Established Member
Solved one of my problems as free revving with no load doesn't create boost (I'm a boost virgin lol). Controller did work on street testing but do still have the question about the plumbing on the lower ports of the gates?

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Solved one of my problems as free revving with no load doesn't create boost (I'm a boost virgin lol). Controller did work on street testing but do still have the question about the plumbing on the lower ports of the gates?

I will take a stab at answering the question I "think" you are asking. Wastegates have a diaphragm in them. One port is below, one port is above this diaphragm. Essentially the more advanced gates use (2) ports, one to apply pressure to the whatever spring is in the gate, the other open to air or plumbed to a controller, thus a 5 lb spring will start opening up at 1psi, more at 3psi, and fully open at 5psi. In your diaphragm, you are using the top port as the "trick", and the bottom port as the constant pressure source. If you are wanting say 10psi, the controller is essentially putting 5 psi on the top "opposite" side of the diaghragm to "trick" the wastegate into thinking it is opening fully at it's 5psi spring rating. I am using my compressor housings as one source, and then another point BEFORE the throttle body as my "controller" source. Point being, you need a post compressor and a pre-TB boost signal. One directly to bottom side of wastegate, another to controller, then out of controller to top side of wastegate. Hope I didn't make it more confusing.

Last edited:

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

Says very clearly to T if running two waste gates and run to manifold vaccum port.

I have no experience with the kit at all but, best find a manifold vacuum port and hook to it

Big Q

Established Member
Spoke with Randy at boost leash (he was on vacation for a bit), stated to use a separate port on the compressor housing that I had to drill and tap. Initially I was Tee'd into the boost line for the map sensor but he told me that the bottom port on the wg wasn't air tight due to leakage around the shaft in the wastegate so it's own additional port would be nescessary. Thanks guys...

Users who are viewing this thread