Boost GT350 ?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
All depends on how the owner drives it. This car went to an older gentleman that's only going to drive it on weekends, and won't be beating the shit out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if the setup lasted the life of the car.
It's all in how you treat your equipment
LOL
That would pretty much be me. I don't track or auto-x my toy.
And I don't even drive it much. But, I do like to have some fun with it every once in a while. :)
Thanks bro!

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I plan on putting a blower on mine, but I don't care about the warranty. I financed my car. I am waiting until I finish paying it off before I put 10 cents into the car. Hopefully that will be around the beginning of the summer.

I love everything about my car except the acceleration. I am hoping I'll be able to work with someone like Lethal Performance and Power By The Hour to get a setup like they built for their shop car. If I can get the GT350 to at least 600 lbft of torque, it will be at least as fast as my GT500, if not fasted.

Oh, yea... I am going to get the car's rear-diff re-geared too. I want it to be able to do 65 mph in first gear. Between the HP and TQ improvements plus the re-gear, it should be a 200mph car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There surely are those who'd love to do a blower or turbo setup on the GT-350, but if it was mine it would stay NA. I'd actually do very little with the engine. I guess I'm a purist with certain models, like the GT-350. If I owned a 2000 Cobra R, I'd keep it NA as well. JMO.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I plan on putting a blower on mine, but I don't care about the warranty. I financed my car. I am waiting until I finish paying it off before I put 10 cents into the car. Hopefully that will be around the beginning of the summer.

I love everything about my car except the acceleration. I am hoping I'll be able to work with someone like Lethal Performance and Power By The Hour to get a setup like they built for their shop car. If I can get the GT350 to at least 600 lbft of torque, it will be at least as fast as my GT500, if not fasted.

Oh, yea... I am going to get the car's rear-diff re-geared too. I want it to be able to do 65 mph in first gear. Between the HP and TQ improvements plus the re-gear, it should be a 200mph car.
Wow, that's quite a stable I see in your signature. Do you have any group shot photos of those six signature rides?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Wow, that's quite a stable I see in your signature. Do you have any group shot photos of those six signature rides?

Thank for the kudos. I don't have a group photo, but that would be pretty cool. In my sig, each color is a different link (car) if you want to get a look at them.

Just a quick point, though... there are only 5 cars listed... not 6.

eekkaann

Established Member
15420795_10154679514266544_4463050834927496887_n.jpg

15338657_10154679532416544_431437694070857387_n.jpg
:):):):):):):):)

CO Mack

Established Member
There surely are those who'd love to do a blower or turbo setup on the GT-350, but if it was mine it would stay NA. I'd actually do very little with the engine. I guess I'm a purist with certain models, like the GT-350. If I owned a 2000 Cobra R, I'd keep it NA as well. JMO.

Yeah, if Ford releases some nice NA parts through FRPP I'd go for it, but mine won't get a blower or turbo while I own it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That's awesome.
What type of supercharger are you thinking of? Please do a build thread or thread after it is done, if you do go through with it. I, personally, would love a boosted R car.
Good luck!

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
That's awesome.
What type of supercharger are you thinking of? Please do a build thread or thread after it is done, if you do go through with it. I, personally, would love a boosted R car.
Good luck!

I'm up in the air between ProCharger and A whipple. ProCharger has less losses in most cases, and I get to keep the stock intake. But the whipple has a flatter tq line and I know what numbers to expect out of it. So, I'll likely go the way of the Whipple.

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
I'm up in the air between ProCharger and A whipple. ProCharger has less losses in most cases, and I get to keep the stock intake. But the whipple has a flatter tq line and I know what numbers to expect out of it. So, I'll likely go the way of the Whipple.
What kinda numbers is Whipple putting down?

JCSIX13

Established Member
I just wonder if it is possible to get any traction on the street with a Whipple?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
With the wider rear contact patch and much better [than GT500] stock tires, it's very possible.

Zemedici

Established Member
I just wonder if it is possible to get any traction on the street with a Whipple?

You can get traction with any amount of power with the correct suspension, tires, and driver input. A lot of guys think 'going fast' is just slamming the gas pedal, there's more to it than that. The car we did just shit and get, no issues.

JCSIX13

Established Member
what did you do to the suspension to get more traction? I get a lot of wheel hop with only a tune. At the top of second gear from a rolling start when I hit 4K rpm the tires let go.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Wheel hope is a toe problem. Bushings from ford are soft and let the suspension twist. Best thing to do is get bushing that are more form and make sure the geometry is right.

Users who are viewing this thread