Boost and vacuum problems

impactblue

Established Member
So I've been building my car for I think almost 2 years. It's started to come together but naturally I'm running into a few problems.

I'm getting a code for "sip" sensor on the egr. You can actually hear what sounds to be an exhaust leak coming from the egr. New egr is on its way now. At idle the car sits at 9 inhg so obviously I'm seeing a vacuum leak. I've checked it with 2 different mechanical gauges. Don't know if this is related to the egr

I went to have the car tuned and unfortunately only made 740ish rwhp. I was expecting a lot more out of my car. Tuner told me I'm loosing boost. It actually hits 20psi at around 4000rpm but was around 15psi at redline. With no evidence of belt slip as I have a stock upper pulley as well

This could be egr related as well?? Another possibility I was thinking of was maybe my bypass valve is having problems because of the vacuum leak?

Any helpful advice is appreciated!
edb47ef39da19a0fb7968a7336363687.jpg
b87a3aaeafeebde9de6a8b3fade5e13e.jpg

impactblue

Established Member
I forgot to list mods

Intake/TB. Heads/cam. 15% lower Full exhaust. Id1300s and fore return system. Car is on e85 and still using the stock tvs

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
It's very possible your EGR could be causing a issue, especially if it's leaking.

As soon as you lose vaccum your boost bypass valve closes so I highly doubt that's causing a boost leak issue. Just try and take a peak under the blower and make sure its not broke. Replace the EGR valve and report back.

impactblue

Established Member
Ported heads?

It's very possible your EGR could be causing a issue, especially if it's leaking.

As soon as you lose vaccum your boost bypass valve closes so I highly doubt that's causing a boost leak issue. Just try and take a peak under the blower and make sure its not broke. Replace the EGR valve and report back.

In this video it goes to 10psi and instantly back to 5

http://youtu.be/oXLZ8Lzpeb0

Users who are viewing this thread