Boost and hp

freebird50

Established Member
My 98 cobra built motor with t trim made 27 pounds of boost. 630rwhp 520 torque. Stock heads cams and intake. I'm happy with the numbers and performance but it usually seems like it takes less boost to get that much power. Was on a dyno jet. What are your guys thoughts?

MG0h3

Established Member
Something isn’t right, that’s for sure.

What’s done to the motor if the whole top end is stock? Just bottom end upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

robvas

Established Member
sure you don't mean 17? or 27-14.7 (atm)?

27psi should make like 900

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ya, I would have expected a lot more. My C head car at 10:1 made a little more than that on 13 or 14#s from a D1 on 93. I dont have big cams or anything.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
You should be able to make those numbers on 14 lbs.

What fuel were they tuning on and what was the total timing?

freebird50

Established Member
Going to pick up car on Thursday. I'll tall to my tuner and see what he says.

freebird50

Established Member
Something isn’t right, that’s for sure.

What’s done to the motor if the whole top end is stock? Just bottom end upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Just bottom end upgrades.

freebird50

Established Member
Another thing I should mention is on a different dyno at AED with same mods my car made 100 more hp. So maybe different dynos just read differently?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If I'm running 104 octane and only make 630rwhp I'd be pretty upset. Especially if the blower is making 27psi.

this.

with my previous numbers max timing allowed was 14 degrees (that was if all temps and such were good, not sure what actual was). For whatever reason that pull was slightly short of the rev limiter, so a couple hundred rpm and ~1# short compared to the E85 pulls. On E85, 15psi (full pull this time), 19 degrees (again, max allowed, not sure on actual) it made 715. It would have taken more timing but we were solidly over 715 so decided to call it good.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Who tuned the car? Shaun at Aed wouldn’t put a car on his Dyno on 27psi and 104 lol

freebird50

Established Member
Who tuned the car? Shaun at Aed wouldn’t put a car on his Dyno on 27psi and 104 lol
Went to nextgen in hayward. Matt tuned it. First time was a few years ago. Then I moved near Sacramento and figured I'd have Shaun do a few pulls to clarify my air fuel gauge was working. One thing I noticed was with mods unchanged the dyno at aed read nearly 100 hp higher than Matt's dyno at nextgen. Since the last few years I've used Matt from nextgen exclusively and many mods since. Just saying when all mods were equal and unchanged Shaun's dyno read 100 hp more than Matt's so definitely a difference in the two dynos for sure. Shaun never tuned my car just did a few pulls.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Went to nextgen in hayward. Matt tuned it. First time was a few years ago. Then I moved near Sacramento and figured I'd have Shaun do a few pulls to clarify my air fuel gauge was working. One thing I noticed was with mods unchanged the dyno at aed read nearly 100 hp higher than Matt's dyno at nextgen. Since the last few years I've used Matt from nextgen exclusively and many mods since. Just saying when all mods were equal and unchanged Shaun's dyno read 100 hp more than Matt's so definitely a difference in the two dynos for sure. Shaun never tuned my car just did a few pulls.
How long ago was it?

Adower

Established Member
I guess that you would need to see what you trap at the track. If you trap what a 630rwhp car does than you know you might have issues. If you trap higher then I would chalk it up to different dynos?

Last edited:

freebird50

Established Member
How long ago was it?
Went to Shaun to do pulls in 2020. My car put 594 down on his dyno. Put 507 down at nextgen. Was running less boost back then and having spark issues. Now my car puts down 630 on nextgens dyno so I bet at aed I'd put down well over 700 now. Shaun's dyno did read way higher from my previous experience.

Users who are viewing this thread