Bone Stock 10r80 GT battles full bolt on MKV Supra!

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
Thats been his avatar name for many years I doesn't his current goals. If you look he has been a member on this fourm since 2004. Why are you so hostile relax take a deep breath.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Just not impressed with a Mustang beating VWs and Toyotas...Love the Mustangs just not impressed with the results...Not hostile a bit...This is an opinion board for the most part when people post their results as they are looking for other peoples opinions and I stated mine and was attacked by others but I'm a big boy and doesn't bother me in the least with others starting the name calling...I respond sarcastically and then they get nasty because they can't handle it...As with you I'm certainly am entitled to IMHO as are you...

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Some of ya'll are sleeping on these Supra's/BMWs. They aren't slow when mods are done properly to them. That Supra you ran had to have some issues or a terrible tune. I ran my buddies supra who was tuned only with my ATSV putting down 403 to the tire, and I got absolutely DRUG by it from a roll. (3-4 cars to 140)

Just for reference I pulled 2015-2017 bolt on Mustangs/SCAT challenger and chargers from a roll. I figure a 10R80 I'd lose...but figure it'd be kinda close.

Good runs, not sure why everyone is hating on you so much.

BTW the supra's look pretty damn mean with some tire on them.
View attachment 1650819
Yeah man I like it, it has grown on me and this one looks killer. When i rode in one i was thinking this would be a fun DD.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72SBC

Established Member
Looks like AIDS
Some of ya'll are sleeping on these Supra's/BMWs. They aren't slow when mods are done properly to them. That Supra you ran had to have some issues or a terrible tune. I ran my buddies supra who was tuned only with my ATSV putting down 403 to the tire, and I got absolutely DRUG by it from a roll. (3-4 cars to 140)

Just for reference I pulled 2015-2017 bolt on Mustangs/SCAT challenger and chargers from a roll. I figure a 10R80 I'd lose...but figure it'd be kinda close.

Good runs, not sure why everyone is hating on you so much.

BTW the supra's look pretty damn mean with some tire on them.
View attachment 1650819

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
the ZF 8 speed is used in 84 different cars across 21 mfgs. also, the ZF 8 speed has shift programming as low as 100ms depending on vehicle. Alpha Romeo uses that shfit logic, thats every bit as fast as most DCTs.

The ZF is indestructible. If it came with the DCT guys would be complaining that it did not have the the ZF when their DCTs blow up.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Just not impressed with a Mustang beating VWs and Toyotas...Love the Mustangs just not impressed with the results...Not hostile a bit...This is an opinion board for the most part when people post their results as they are looking for other peoples opinions and I stated mine and was attacked by others but I'm a big boy and doesn't bother me in the least with others starting the name calling...I respond sarcastically and then they get nasty because they can't handle it...As with you I'm certainly am entitled to IMHO as are you...

We like to give you a hard time because youre an old fart that sounds funny when you talk shlt..

We'll have to meet up at Fontana Dragway one of these days if they ever open up again.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
those 10speeds even make the ecoboost feel fast. gearing is awesome.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
.I don't know where middle earth is but if you're ever in Socal look me up so you can race my rides but you have to start with the DD and work your way up.

I’m in SoCal shit-boy.

Let me know when you want them cheeks clapped real good.

You’re gonna need a LOT more than 142mph

I am interested to hear how @UBNZO6D backs out of this.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
We like to give you a hard time because youre an old fart that sounds funny when you talk shlt..

We'll have to meet up at Fontana Dragway one of these days if they ever open up again.

Fontana might open Sept/Oct but am not a fan...They know my car there so If I go I usually run a couple 1/8 miles and shut it down @ half track...If I'm running 111/112 the 3rd run I go for it and then I'm tossed...So it's kind of a waste of money...I'm not an ET guy but just mph because I built my last 4 fast rides just for freeway flying as that is where I race looking for exotics/others to and from the OC going to my sons houses twice a week...My 4/door is quite the sleeper and surprises most...My 4 Rods do haul ass though.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I don’t mind the Supra at all. My son (10) and I went to look at them a month or so ago (He makes all of the car decisions). They are good looking just a bit small for me and that is coming from a guy with a C7 Vette. My son said the same thing.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
I like the passion. Are you going with a 1/8th or a freeway run?

Doesn't matter...Not an eighth fan...I don't spend all this money to race 660 ft., but that's me...I'm 72 and still love speed on 2 or 4 wheels...I go to the drags every 6 mos. or so to make sure my shit hasn't slowed down.

jhonda

Established Member
I loved the video. Good to see what it will do stock. I own a 18 pp1 auto and I am also surprised on how fast they are(11.876@118 Xpipe and drop in filter here).
Sorry there is some tool bags on this site. I guess ubnzo6d has never raced a car that was slower than him because what’s the point. I have been a member for awhile but find myself on here less and less because all of the negative comments. If I wanted to see this kind of hate I would watch cnn. I was raised to treat others as you would want to be treated. The negative posters on here would flip out if somebody would respond to their post the way they do. I know some people are thinking well he shouldn’t post if he didn’t want my feedback, but obviously the OP was jacked up about it so why try to bring him down. We are all car enthusiasts so let’s try to have each other’s back as the industry is slowly trying to faze out us petrol heads (cylinder deactivation, batteries, electric motors...etc)
But again this is my opinion and not everyone will agree.

keep up the good work OP

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Why are you starting in Sport and then shifting back to Drive? In stock form, Sport is much better than D.

BoostedVette

Established Member
Why are you starting in Sport and then shifting back to Drive? In stock form, Sport is much better than D.

To roll race you use sport to paddle down to desired gear then floor it then
Immediately shift it to drive and computer will shift the car automatically as sport mode will not shift unless you use the paddles. (Shifter I’m sport)

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
To roll race you use sport to paddle down to desired gear then floor it then
Immediately shift it to drive and computer will shift the car automatically as sport mode will not shift unless you use the paddles. (Shifter I’m sport)

I have a 10r80 and the shifts in S are much better the D.

FYI, you don't have to paddle down in Sport as if you just slap/slam the accelerator one time at constant speed, the trans will down shift to an optimum gear to set you for spirited driving. Additionally, I will take manual paddle shifts over D shifts as well.

That all said, have a base 300a car that does not have any driving modes so if you have those and effective in D, makes more sense.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Correct me if wrong. GT vs GT. Manual vs 10A. Does the manual shift perfect every time to best the Auto GT? Or even stay even ? Most tests have the auto faster right ?

Users who are viewing this thread