Bone stock 03 Cobra vs 2011 GT

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I ran a stock 03 Cobra + exhaust, and I beat him by a car from a dig and from a roll beat him by a couple a car lengths. Not sure if the guy could drive, but regardless I still beat him. Regardless the perfomance levels are not that far apart where it could go either way.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Cool story bro. Awesome fly by. No honking it off, just go when the other guy was probably laughing and didn't want a ticket. Lol at 5.0 haters. It's a better all around car than a Cobra with its sketchy ass suspension and its small ass heat soaking blower. Deal with it. Any of us that bought a 5.0 could have had a Terminator. The GT bashing on this site is really stupid and is out of hand. Get over yourselves.

What is out of hand is 5.0 owners coming here and bad-mouthing cobras

Like I tell non-SVT owners. Go to other Mustang sites if you don't like everyone here talking up the Cobra.

Go to any car forum and that crowd will talk about how great their car is compared to others...

Why would you expect anything less at an SVT website?

How would you react if I showed up to a "5.0" website and posted negative comments about you car?

Seems like 5.0 owners complain a lot then hang around and post here?

This debate goes on and on and will never end....Cobra owners like Cobras for various reasons as do the 5.0 owners like their cars.

Trying to convince one owner either way is likely pointless.

Also..again..you helped resurrect a 3 year old thread but I am as well..

boosted70

Established Member

Like I tell non-SVT owners. Go to other Mustang sites if you don't like everyone here talking up the Cobra.

Go to any car forum and that crowd will talk about how great their car is compared to others...

Why would you expect anything less at an SVT website?

How would you react if I showed up to a "5.0" website and posted negative comments about you car?

Seems like 5.0 owners complain a lot then hang around and post here?

This debate goes on and on and will never end....Cobra owners like Cobras for various reasons as do the 5.0 owners like their cars.

Trying to convince one owner either way is likely pointless.

Also..again..you helped resurrect a 3 year old thread but I am as well..

Wrong. People started talking shit when the 5.0 started performing so well with little mods.

Last edited:

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Never lost to a bolt on 5.0. All I have is a pulley, tune, shifter and off road X.

So ridiculous these threads. . . The 5.0 is a great car but its not unbeatable.

You swingers off the nut need to find another site to throw your BS flags and what not.

boostingwild

Established Member
i dont understand how these stories accompanied with video are moved but this crap gets to stay?

anyone can write anything and we have to believe it

stangfreak

Established Member
Cool story bro. Awesome fly by. No honking it off, just go when the other guy was probably laughing and didn't want a ticket. Lol at 5.0 haters. It's a better all around car than a Cobra with its sketchy ass suspension and its small ass heat soaking blower. Deal with it. Any of us that bought a 5.0 could have had a Terminator. The GT bashing on this site is really stupid and is out of hand. Get over yourselves.

The terminator guys could also have a 5.0. wtf is your point. :bored: Like the cobra bashing doesn't happen by some of the almighty 5.0 guys? please. some talk like the 5.0 is the next best thing since sliced bread. Every car group has a few. They all do. From the supras to vettes. a pullied cobra only makes what, 450rwhp? On a ONE dyno pull. On the street your not rolling around with 450-460rwhp like the dyno says. so whats so magical about a 5.0? The numbers are similar. Its nothing wild. cobra guys get mad and the 5.0 guys rant and rave how they beat or hung with a pullied cobra. wow lol.

FATlaws

Established Member
This thread is 3 years old.:??:
Yep but let's get it straight. The cobra, driver=driver, vs a 5.0 should narrowly edge it out due to the torque provided by the supercharger. Now that being said, tires or intake exhaust wam bam biggity bam 5.0 wins. I'm sorry but stock for stock the cobra will beat a 5.0 with the same drivers. There was even a test, forgot who did it but you can find it I'm sure, where a 60k mile stock cobra beat a new 2007 gt500 by 0.1 in the 1/4 mile with professional drivers (fat ass pig gt500 but gotta love em, 2013s though:beer:). When I researched which to buy, this is why I went with my 03, I wasn't biased before the research but I am now. It's 10 years later and this car stock is still fast by today's standards.

And just so the 5.0 owners know, I admit that if you're looking for ANYTHING extra and I mean you're like hey, I want better cup holders, other than speed and power, the 5.0 is a FAR better car for you. My 03 will be 100% racekar one day so that's what my reasoning is.

And all in all, I hate racing other mustangs, it seems cannibalistic almost, so let's stop arguing about our cars and come together to kill LS engine cars and what not, pfffff ****ing pushrods from like 1908

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned

Wrong. People started talking shit when the 5.0 started performing so well with little mods.

Game. Set. Match.

Didn't take long to prove that point. :bored:

Nobody with a Cobra is going to envy a 5.0. Just saying. We are all supposed to be on the same team, but the 5.0 crowd doesn't want that. They want to hunt for the fastest Mustangs and prove the GT is the best...even better than the Shelby. It's gotten ridiculous.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
And all in all, I hate racing other mustangs, it seems cannibalistic almost, so let's stop arguing about our cars and come together to kill LS engine cars and what not, pfffff ****ing pushrods from like 1908

Yeah!! **** LS engine cars!!! Let's rejoice and celebrate our OHC technology from like 1898!

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member

Wrong? So this isn't an SVT website? 5.0 owners would not be upset if they had a site where Cobra owners showed up and bashed their cars?

If you are talking about who started the whole 5.0/Cobra debate then I am not sure?

Like I said..an SVT website, not a 5.0 GT website so stop expecting SVT owners to pretend we love the new 5.0

Many do not...go create a 5.0 website and all of you can wax poetic about the 5.0...I couldn't care less if you did.

Users who are viewing this thread