Bonded title 87 GT

NIL8U

Established Member
Hello SVT

I am currently looking at a 87 GT. Car has a bonded title. Story goes that guy purchased it for his wife unfortunately they both passed. supposedly the original owner was some head manager at a Ford dealership back in the day. Which is reason why he didn’t register Car. Car was transferred to one of the children that had no interest in it. Car was sold to a friend of the family “current owner”. When I look up VIN it only shows the current owner which registered it in 2020 as bonded title.
Do any of you all know how I can look up original purchase owner etc? Or more info on car other than auto check, carfax?

NIL8U

Established Member
disregard svtp
guy ended up changing story about cars history
I decided to opt out, plus car had too much work needed for his asking price.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What exactly are you looking for? When you say you are "currently looking at" do you mean in an ad or have you actually seem the car. Are you concerned because it has a bonded title?

Bonded Titles and Surety Bonds​

A bonded title is a vehicle title that includes a surety bond to guarantee the vehicle owner’s legitimate ownership of the vehicle. By purchasing a bonded title, a vehicle owner takes legal and financial responsibility for the truth of their statements regarding the vehicle.

What is a surety bond? Surety bonds are three-party agreements that use a neutral party to guarantee an obligation or contract. The party purchasing the bond, called the principal, pays a premium to the neutral party, called the surety, to cover their obligation up to a specified amount called the penalty sum.

If the principal misrepresents any aspect of their ownership of the vehicle, the DMV or another injured party can file a claim against the title bond. The principal is responsible for paying the surety back for any claims that the surety pays for them.

NIL8U

Established Member
Yeah it is an 87 GT. just looking for a clean no BS car.

I was just asking if anyone knew how to look up more info on car. All that shows up is when this current owner registered it.

NIL8U

Established Member
highly doubt car hadn’t been registered since 1987. Plus odo shows 15k miles. Looks like more miles that that

Attachments

• 77FBAB43-9AD1-4FE2-9DFF-5F88F53B621E.png
    77FBAB43-9AD1-4FE2-9DFF-5F88F53B621E.png
    482.1 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread