Bolt-on

stang.99

Established Member
I'm looking to put some bolts-on on my 99 cobra. Now i only have two mods :
Flowmaster exaust and 4.10 gear.

I want to buy CAI JLT, Accufab twin 60mm Throttle body and underdrive Steeda pulleys.

what would be other parts you guys recommands me before ill go to Dyno tuner ?

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Does the new JLT include a new MAF housing?

What kind of mid pipe do you have?

Besure to change your fuel filter, and preform a routine tune up. When you replace your CAI also clean your MAF and IAF.

-Matt

stang.99

Established Member
Does the new JLT include a new MAF housing?

What kind of mid pipe do you have?

Besure to change your fuel filter, and preform a routine tune up. When you replace your CAI also clean your MAF and IAF.

-Matt
JLT CAI include theses parts :
(1) One Rubber Ring
(1) One Rubber Hose Connector
(4) Four Clamps
(1) One Mass Air Flow Adaptor
(4) Four Bolts

What is mid pipe ?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The mid pipe is the pipe in your exhaust with the catalytic converters on it. Between the exhaust manifolds and cat back system. Hence..mid pipe. Don't bother with the Accufab throttle body. You don't need it for your power level. And unless you plan on making over 700hp soon, you probably won't need it for awhile. Your stock MAF is also fine for where you're at right now.

stang.99

Established Member
The mid pipe is the pipe in your exhaust with the catalytic converters on it. Between the exhaust manifolds and cat back system. Hence..mid pipe. Don't bother with the Accufab throttle body. You don't need it for your power level. And unless you plan on making over 700hp soon, you probably won't need it for awhile. Your stock MAF is also fine for where you're at right now.

okay thanks ! ill go with pulley and CAI then. i think my mid pipe is stock but ill go check soon.

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Don't bother with the Accufab throttle body. You don't need it for your power level.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

UPR makes good Mid-pipes for a decent price.

I have personally seen small power gains with good MAF housings (3-4 rwhp more with C&L) if your squeezing HP.

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread