Bolt on electric wheels. 2WD to AWD

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
This is amazing IMO. I don't believe the part about being dirt friendly but wow. The price was lower than I expected too.

96 cobra

Established Member
Very cool!

Getting an old CJ7, 4 of these motors and a Holley EFI style logic control setup would make for an awesome weekend offroader.

AssPikle

Established Member
Great idea. But 10k plus 2k for battery is just too much for me to gain 100 hp. I think this can lead to lower cost casting and other technology which can really make this affordable. Great thinking though

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, a complete bolt-on install in an hour! That is simply amazing. Yes, the cost isn't "cheap", but this technology could make its way onto factory cars of all makes, and the cost could come down to make it much more affordable for the average car owner. I'm amazed!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, a complete bolt-on install in an hour! That is simply amazing. Yes, the cost isn't "cheap", but this technology could make its way onto factory cars of all makes, and the cost could come down to make it much more affordable for the average car owner. I'm amazed!

I know that guy said he can install in under 1 hour, but I just dont see it.
Bolt on hubs, install/mount batteries, and run all the required wiring?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great idea. But 10k plus 2k for battery is just too much for me to gain 100 hp. I think this can lead to lower cost casting and other technology which can really make this affordable. Great thinking though

100hp more for my Viper is pushing $40k.

redfirecobra2003

Established Member
This is going to be popular , look at the Vonnen kits for the 911 it’s is 75k for 150hp but replaces the clutch they also have a 350hp kit .

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dont get why. Wouldnt a 12k supercharger kit get you more than that?

If I had a Gen III...yes. Being a Gen IV really limits bolt on performance.

My car put down 645-610....and that's really all I can do unless I went with a 9.0L Extreme Package for the aforementioned $40k. lol

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Barely the cost of a supercharger, install, tune and support... and you now have an AWD car.

Just think if you could bolt those babies on the front of a Mustang, be launching like a GTR!

Users who are viewing this thread