Body Misalignment

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
I've had my Cobra on jack stands for about 5 months now. The first 4 months I had the rear supported only on the subframe while I took my differential housing out and then I decided to put jack stands on the front supporting the k-member so my front tires don't get flat spots. I was adjusting my tune this evening with the car still on jack stands and noticed a gap in my passenger side window. Needless to say the passenger side door now is misaligned and you can fit your hand between the back edge of the window and the seal. I have to lift up on the side of the vert top to get the window to tuck under it when I close the door now. I also noticed the right edge of my hood isn't lining up with my passenger fender either. I think it's doing this because of where I have the jack stands; I think they aren't exactly evenly placed on the beams of the k-member. I hope once I get my car back together and off stands everything will be lined up and it isn't permanent... Anyone else ever have this happen? Do I not have the stands in the right spots?

cj428mach

Established Member
I think you'll be fine once she is down on the ground. I had plenty of my unibody cars up in the air and it affects the way the doors fit. When they're back on the ground all is well. Now if you have weld in SFC's and have this issue you're in trouble.

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
No subframe connectors on this car. It freaked me out when I noticed it. It's never been like that before or my interior would have been soaked from rain.

Peetiewonder

RoofGone GeorgeJefferson
Established Member
Mine does that with the driver side window when it's on the ground and I have Weld in SFCs. These cars are just loose as a goose. it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread