BMW M3 or Audi S5?

16kOrBust

Established Member
M3 hands down. Not a big fan of how the S5's look.

Last edited:

sixt5

Established Member
cars get compared to the M series for a reason. i'd buy BMW any day over an audi (except an r8 cause they are awesome) anyday.

281Thunder

Established Member
What is your intent with the car? Two very nice cars but still different enough. The big difference is going to be the AWD with the Audi. I've looked into Audi's a lot lately since I was wanting to pick up one myself. My fiance has a new A4 and it is a very well built car...I assume the S5 has the same quality. The Quattro is amazing in snow and with all the options it's a very comfortable car. If you're worried about the M3 outhandling the Audi (which I'm sure it no doubt would), you might look into Stasis Engineering. They have one of their shops down the road from me and I get to see them pretty often. I seen recently they've been driving around a black convertible S5 with their package on it...

stasis-s5-cabriolet-challenge-edition-01.jpg

/drool

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
If you want to look like a baller in a sweet looking car and cruise the streets, get the S5.

If you want a great handling car to tackle your local twisty roads every once in a while, but still look like a baller, get the M3.

xenodragon

Established Member
M3 hands down. The non vert s5 is still an NA V8..the vert S5 has the TT engine that the S4 has, much better platform...

If you havent driven both, I have, the M3 is just a much better car all around IMO.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
like most said, M3 for the performance aspect. S5 does look better imo. a LOT better. not that the m3 looks bad, the S5 just looks incredible!

if the car will just be a street/hwy car, then possibly S5. if you plan to track it, then M3.

drive both, see which one grabs you more. the S5 is no slouch and no handling pig either...

Users who are viewing this thread