NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
2014 BMW 650i Gran Coupe
Bang&Olufsen Edition, 1 of 48 produced
Brillantweiss Metallic White, Alpine White Interior
22,000 miles
4.4 liter twin turbo V8, 445hp/480tq

I had previously corrected and coated this vehicle late in 2017. My client parks his vehicle in a covered parking garage. Work was being done inside the garage above his vehicle. Some electrical work/wiring/conduit was being installed.

His vehicle was on the receiving end of some dripping industrial epoxy/adhesive that they were using. The roof, trim and areas of some doors had epoxy/adhesive on their surfaces.

He was rightfully upset. I went to see the vehicle in order to assess the damage and if it could be removed/rectified. I found that adhesive remover, clay, and then some compounding worked on a small area. I gave him the green light and scheduled him.

I am very glad that this vehicle had been previously coated as I believe had it not been, the damage would have been more severe and much more difficult to remove.

Process: Waterless wash the areas that needed to be worked on. I used some McKee’s37 tar remover, Griot’s adhesive remover, Goof-Off, and a few other products on the spots that needed to be treated along with a utility MF towel.

After the majority of the goop was off, I clayed the areas with Meg’s Aggressive clay. I used QD as lube.

I then had to correct these areas as I had to really scrub and wipe them so I marred the heck out of the surface.

Rupes LK900E with Meg’s crimson cutting pads along with Griot’s Fast Correcting Cream. Max speed, multiple passes. I finished it with Meg’s yellow polishing pads with Griot’s Perfecting Cream. It finished the paint up perfectly!

Wiped down with Optimum Paint Prep. Washed with CarPro reset and GYEON mitt. Master Blaster to dry.

22ple Mistico Elemento Forte was used to coat these areas.

McKee’s37 Hi Gloss tire dressing.

Auto Finesse Glass cleaner.

Adam’s Interior detailer.

Metro vacuum.

Vehicle done! Can’t tell it had anything dripped and dried onto the surface! My client is extremely happy!

Dried adhesive and before shots:

IMG_9923-XL.jpg

IMG_9924-XL.jpg

IMG_9925-XL.jpg

IMG_9926-XL.jpg

DSCN1961-XL.jpg

DSCN1962-XL.jpg

DSCN1963-XL.jpg

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Nice!

Was that road tar splattered on the rocker panels?

Have you used Tarminator? If so, how does it compare to McKee’s37 tar remover, Griot’s adhesive remover, and Goof-Off?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Thanks guys!

Norton: It was actually tire dressing that the local wash place (gasp!) he uses put on there. I told him about it cuz it was starting to build up on the coating...you could see the outlines of the splotches when wet.

I have used Tarminator. It's excellent. McKee's37 is right on par with it, a little easier to use, IMO, due to it not being an aerosol.

For adhesive/sap: Both the Griots and others work equally well.

tones: I nicknamed it the can never keep the interior clean edition! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread