Bmr suspension install

HighTorque

Established Member
I have a 14 gt500 and am going to be installing some bmr parts in a few weeks and i was wondering what i should expect.

I ordered the uca adjustable with spherical bushing and mount, lca with poly bushings.

What type of grease is recommended since i daily drive my car, is there anything i need to do to prep any of the parts for install as far as pre lube or grease before install.

I will be using mt et street r's 305/45r17 when at the drag strip on 17x9.5 race stars. I also have the gen 2 shifter so hoping for mid to low 11's.

BMR Tech 2

This is the grease that I like to use:

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...-and-equipment-grease-nlgi-2/?code=GPTR2CR-EA

As long as you're using a full synthetic grease with the poly, you'll be good. You shouldn't run into any surprises installing those parts, it's all fairly straightforward. Just make sure you have a torque wrench handy that goes up to 240 ft lbs and torque all the fasteners according to the specs provided in the directions.

HighTorque

Established Member
Yes torque wrench handy. Ive read somewhere before that the spherical bushing should be lubed before install is that true or uneccesary?

BMR Tech 2

No, don't lube the bearing. Using a lube on it can cause grit and dirt to stick to it, and it will cause the teflon lining to fail prematurely.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
If your gonna track it regularly get rid of the torsen diff and get a tru trak you'll break the torsen !

HighTorque

Established Member
Ok i installed my poly lca, spherical adjustable uca with mount set pinion angle to -1'. I was told to expect noise but every bump i drive over it sounds like someone is banging the floor plan of my car in the back seat.

Is that normal? I inspected all the hardware and everything is still tight. Torqued all bolts to recommended specs have not done any hard driving because i want to make sure the noise is normal and not break anything.

evil281

Established Member
I don't think a "banging" noise is normal. I do have spherical ends on all my suspension for my jeep so I know how noisy that can be but I would not say a bang is normal. I used all Bmr poly on my mustang so I can't say for sure on the spherical upper.

I will say the torqu values were obviously very high so I would just make sure the uca and mount are for sure torqued correct.

HighTorque

Established Member
Yeah even torqued the top bolt to 240 lol. The noise is so present i even thought the top bolt was loose and the mount was flopping back and forth but it is still tight. If im in first with just the clutch out going about 5mph if i pop the throttle in and out up to about 15 mph i hear the knock or bang repedetely almost as if i had a bowling ball rolling back and forth lol so not sure what it could be.

HighTorque

Established Member
there definitely shouldn't be any banging. Can you get some pictures of the arm installed at ride height?

you mean upper? Not sure how good of a pic i can take with my phone at ride height but i will try. If i jack it up and rest the car on jack stands so the weight is on the suspension sill wll that work?

BMR Tech 2

Yes, the upper. Loading the suspension on jacks isn't the same as loading it fully at ride height. It would be best if you could get some with the car totally on the ground. If you can, check the arm to see if there is any powdercoat missing from it. See if there are any witness marks anywhere else too.

Is this more of a clunk, or a bang? Anyway you can get a video as well?

HighTorque

Established Member
yes, the upper. Loading the suspension on jacks isn't the same as loading it fully at ride height. It would be best if you could get some with the car totally on the ground. If you can, check the arm to see if there is any powdercoat missing from it. See if there are any witness marks anywhere else too.

Is this more of a clunk, or a bang? Anyway you can get a video as well?

ok i will try my best tonight when i get home.

HighTorque

Established Member
Having trouble uploading pics. Only have a cell phone at the moment no computer. From what I can tell there is no powder cost missing.

Users who are viewing this thread