BMR PHR007 upper Panhard support

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Just wanted to confirm this bend is supposed to be there before I install and find out no returns if installed. Bought new and sent them a message but haven’t heard back yet.

Thanks all!
2aSPvL.jpg

RvULqN.jpg

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had my watts link for a while, but if memory serves, I think the bend is to clear the over axle pipe.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Wanted to follow this up with a big thanks to both Catmonkey and Snoopy49. Nice having torque spec for all the parts.
1wxWew.jpg

4xo1pY.jpg

Attachments

• 1wxWew.jpg
    1wxWew.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Yes, agree on that. I took advantage of a used panhard and with that came with new support. It would be smart to go with a set but not sure which ones are right for me being non-lowered and don't want to be. I know sphericals aren't needed but should I go with the aluminum ones or the plain poly ended ones?

1st usa car

Established Member
Yes, agree on that. I took advantage of a used panhard and with that came with new support. It would be smart to go with a set but not sure which ones are right for me being non-lowered and don't want to be. I know sphericals aren't needed but should I go with the aluminum ones or the plain poly ended ones?
I just went with poly ends and the rear end is much more predictable under load.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
BMR makes both an aluminum piece and a couple of poly end steel pieces as well. The aluminum looks nice, but it's over twice the price and I'm not sure many will see it to appreciate it. I'm running the heavier duty steel lower of the two BRM offers. I ran adjustable rod ends for a while, but I found the ride a bit harsh on our crap roads. Some complain about NHV with poly, but I don't find it objectionable and prefer the more rigid control over rubber.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ +1 for BMR LCAs with poly bushings, the heavier duty ones specifically: Free Shipping on all BMR Suspension packages!

This was one of my first mods, and they performed well for many years on my car at varying power levels. I ran a full poly bushing rear axle utilizing all BMR components and had great ride quality and more precise articulation compared to the OEM rubber bushing components. I only recently replaced them for adjustable LCAs with spherical rod ends, to have more control over rear axle geometry with a lowered suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread