BMR lower control arms now right wheel is closer

chvyeter

new motor almost finished
Established Member
The right wheel is now quite a bit closer to the quarter panel than the left side almost half an inch. Any ideas? Installed BMR non adjustable lower control arms and lower brackets. I adjusted the panhard bar so the axle is center left to right now. Also have BMR drag springs

nyuk98GT

Established Member
chvyeter,

Disclaimer: not a suspension or chassis wizard.

Not sure why the LCAs would shorten one side. So, more info is needed, please. Got a few questions for you:
Are the control arms the same length? (Maybe you got one +2011 and one pre-2011?)
Have you measured 'center of centercap to center of centercap' on both sides?

I installed the brackets, too, and my wheel centers are within 1/8" of each other side to side. The only thing that I can think of if the LCAs are exactly the same length is the spacer. It is (aluminum, about 3/4" OD x 3/8" tall, I think) installed on one side (I think it is the passenger side)? If that spacer is missing then the bracket will be cockeyed and the geometry will be off on that side.

There is a BMR suspension thread (pretty long) and you may try posting in that thread or asking the mods to move it there for a quick response.

HTH,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread