BMC Black Mamba VS American Muscle Shelby Super Snake Style Wheel's

jimjrhd1

Established Member
I am trying to decide between the BMC Black Mamba and the AM Shelby Super Snake Style wheel's.
I know alot of the members are running the BMC Black Mamba wheel and seem to like them.
But has anyone bought a set of the Am Shellby Super Snake Style wheel?
They are about the same price.
What wheel would you buy?

AM wheel.jpgbmc wheel.jpg

Stetler17

Established Member
The BMC is a better "copy" of the Alcoa. The AM wheel looks similar but misses it on several points. The roll of the lip is not as close and is more angular, the spoke surface is more pointed and the wheel has a less open look to it. Not being forged they both are going to have more mass to have the strength, but BMC pulled it off pretty well.

The AM looks more like the Lorenzo (sp) wheels that have been out for a long time and popular with the import crowd.

All just my opinions of course. Actual owners of the wheels may have better insight.

andymarkv

Established Member
I've been battling this myself!!
I do know that the BMC reps state right on all their ads that they are low pressure cast. This is important to me as the super cheap gravity cast wheels do not have the same strength. I would like to widen a set of these wheels and want as good durability as possible from a nonforged replica.
AM's wheels may be low pressure cast, I need to find out. They SHOULD be, because they are more than twice the price than their gravity cast wheels.

BUT! I have to admit I like the embossed SHELBY and they come with decent center caps out of the box.
I see a set of BMC wheels on their site are now for $1499 (down $100) with free shipping, so the cost is the same. (although I'd check with the Billet Pro Shop, GREAT customer service there!)

One other thing is color, if you're looking for chrome.... BMC offers chrome or "black chrome". It almost looks to me that some of the difference is the barrel of the wheel is painted black on the black/chrome and light silver/gray on the regular chrome?
I have seen a couple of comments that the AM reps are more of a black/chrome.
Surprisingly there isn't a ton of pictures out there for the AM reps yet other than the few right on the AM ads under the customer photo tab.

Its a hard call! Buying a set of replicas is $1500. Since I want them widened to 11.5, it will be another $500 shipped.
I just got a "Black Friday" quote on a set of polished & cleared 20x9, 20x11 Forgestar CF10's....for just a couple hundred more than that....

Stetler17

Established Member
Polished and cleared CF10's have to look awesome. That would be hard to pass up.

I have the polished and cleared Velgen's and love the look compared to powdered or chrome wheels, which I've had all of them.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
I have the bmc wheels and haven't had any issues with them. I would defiantly buy them again. I've bought a lot from AM just wheels wouldn't be one of those things

Federico Garza

Established Member
I have the Shelby Super Snakes, and like them got them for a steal I aint complaining, if were to have a choice Id take the black mamba wheels, they look more authentic to the Alcoa wheel if that's what your looking for...

Users who are viewing this thread