Bluetooth media from Note9-Android Pie not working SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a weird problem.
My Note 9 connects to sync for phone calls and text caller info/ phone book with no issues whatsoever.
Latest Version of Sync for '14 Mustang with Nav. DR3T-14D544-AG

When I try to listen to any media over Bluetooth from my phone, the artist, track, and time info all shows on the mustangs screen and I can skip through songs or channels using the nav screen and it changes on my phone accordingly.
No media or any media audio plays from the phone. No matter what I'm listening to. SXM, Youtube, etc... even system sounds, like beeps you normaly hear changing the volume are muted. Paired/repaired. Sync master reset, unhooked battery. (Still need to pull the fuse)
I've even gone into the developer options on my phone and I have changed the version of Bluetooth AVRCP between 1.3-1.6, saved, rebooted/ re-paired with no luck. Even cleared cache on my phone, and many other settings.

Anyone else have similar issues with Bluetooth media and newer android phones with the original sync? Any luck getting it working?

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Yep - similar issues here with my android phone. Google maps no longer announces directions on the phone or over bluetooth. No clue what happened as it used to do at least one of the other.

nxhappy

Established Member
do a master reset on the sync, restart the phone. If that doesn't work, pull the fuse and reset it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread