Blown 01 Cobra vs. KB 04 Cobra

Cobie03

Established Member
This was a race that I expected to lose from the begining and I was right! This guy I know set up a race with this kennebell supercharged 04 cobra the other night and I'll give you guys a brief description of what happened. First alittle background on my car, I'm putting down 478rwhp and 424rwtq (last dynoed in july) on my procharged snake still on stock internals @ 10psi.
We meet up and man his car sounds sinister and evil, we line em after talking briefly to which he tells me the exhaust is borla stinger with bbk LT's and matching h pipe. And that the car is probably making close to 600rwhp if not more but he did not get it on a dyno yet. I said to myself I am going to get my ass handed to me. I raced a couple of pullied 03-04 cobras before and won but nothing like this.
So first race was from a dig. I heated my MT ET streets as did he his Nittos, My buddy drops the hands and I get a good launch thanks to the 4.10s, The KB cobra is still spinning I guess cause I'm out a good car length or so, but not for long. That Mutha &%*er caught up in no time and passed me hard probably at 65mph. I shut down at around 110mph as we was a good 3 cars in front and it was useless to continue. We decided to race one more time from a 35mph roll and decided to go up to 130. I was like what ever. So we went out he honked three times and I took off quick he was spinning like nobodys business as I could hear his tires screeching over my damn engine. But as before he caught up to me very quickly and passed me really bad as I doing about 85-90mph. I took my car up to 130mph but he was at least 2 bus lengths out in front of me. So we pulled over again and BS'ed some more about his and my car. He than tells me the car also has port and polished lower intake and cylinder heads as well as 3.73 gears. I told him you have one very very nice and fast car there. I than told him I would say your car is pushing over 600rwhp. Overall very cool guy with a cool car. Now I just gotta save my $ and start forging the engine so I could up my boost and play with him again! :beer:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Very nice! You are an 11 sec car that got beat by and 10 sec car. Now go and forge your internals, boost the blower and try it again!

primo

Established Member
I smell bs on the P&P lower intake as well as the heads. Why go through all that trouble and not add better pistons or cams?

Kegger

Banned
Cobie03 said:
We meet up and man his car sounds sinister and evil, we line em after talking briefly to which he tells me the exhaust is borla stinger with bbk LT's and matching h pipe.

Same setup on my car, the sound is really intimidating to say the least.

Cobie03

Established Member
T BAG said:
I smell bs on the P&P lower intake as well as the heads. Why go through all that trouble and not add better pistons or cams?

Not sure didn't ask. Maybe he did the P&P work before he added the Kennebell blower. :shrug: Next time if I see him I'll find out. Also on a side note he is getting it on a dyno sometime next week the last I heard. I'm guessing 650-700rwhp range.

JVENOM

Established Member
good story...thats a good amount of power you putting down for the psi you have! good job! :thumbsup:

Cobie03

Established Member
Yeah thanks, I got a great tuner Job Spetter Jr. of turbopeople. The same guy who tunes up Dwayne "Big Daddy" Guttridge's car. It's all in the tune but seriously I know I am on borrowed time with my stock internals.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Always want to ask a KB cobra how much boost they are making sometimes 15lbs and sometimes 21 + and believe me that makes a difference :) Nice death

Users who are viewing this thread