Blowin the Aviator

BleedFordBlue03

For being my first thread, I didn’t search so it may be common. I’m kicking around dropping an OE Eaton m112 onto the engine in my Aviator. I bought it with a low mileage replacement engine so it’s incredibly strong. With the proper mods and a tune, I’m thinking this should be a reliable fun thing to do. Has anyone done it on here? And how did it turn out? Will the junk 5r55 trans handle it? Any input including a link to someone else’s build would be helpful. TIA!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You spotted the weak point, the trans. Adding a blower can be done, just be prepared to do some custom fab work.

BleedFordBlue03

I have no issues with some custom fab. My biggest 2 hurdles are trans and tuning. I’ve been researching what the major problems with the 5r55 and the fixes to remedy said issues. Not a common trans for a performance build. Tuning is the lesser of the 2 evils.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Know what you'll need to do before you launch into the Eaton install. Seems a bit of a waste if you don't address the weak tranny.

Blakshukvw

Established Member
Do some research into a 4r70 or 75 swap. Not sure if it’s been done in an aviator but those transmissions are much stronger. I hope you reeeeeallly like your aviator to go to this much work.

Users who are viewing this thread