Blowfish beta shifter bracket

86Fbody

Established Member
I am selling the beta that was used for testing. It has roughly 5k miles on it, not that it matters since it is a no moving part. It is the same design as the current model being sold on CJPP except it isn't powder coated and I was not giving the MGW adapter plate to allow for the bracket to be installed with the MGW. It was painted black by Blowfish and the new model is powder coated. Once I take it off Friday I can provide pics. I am looking for 100+shipping.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I want it. Give me until lunch. Dibs! :)

Shipped to 75707

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
So far there are 3 people in line DSG being first, someone else second and Justdugan 3rd. I understand being excited since it's pretty much like getting the 300 dollar piece for 1/3rd the price but I would feel better snapping pics and making sure everything looks good before someone commits to purchasing and is then upset for any reason.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I would ask for pictures beforehand anyway. I appreciate that.

The production piece is powder coated, and that's the ONLY difference? Works just as well?

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
I would ask for pictures beforehand anyway. I appreciate that.

The production piece is powder coated, and that's the ONLY difference? Works just as well?

The production piece is powder coated where as the beta was painted, also the neck is a little longer on the production piece to allow the MGW studs to not rest on the bracket (I believe, as this is what Steve told me), and the rear clamp that goes over the shifter box is anodized black in the production unit instead of just regular aluminum in the beta. The install is a little different because the production unit went with a keyhole design for the middle trans mount bolt so you don't have to remove it where as the beta unit doesn't have this. But other than those cosmetic difference and the one difference in the install of the bracket as well as the change for the MGW users it is the same.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I think I'll pass. I'm still considering the MGW down the road. You have plenty in line for it though. Thanks.

Angry50

Established Member
I just a generic SR shifter and steeda bracket shouldn't be a problem for me right? let me know if the previous people fall through

lsxjunkie

Established Member
DAMN. I guess I'm 5th in line. I really want this unit, but I'm building my car on a pretty strict budget. Ready to pay immediately.

86Fbody

Established Member
I just a generic SR shifter and steeda bracket shouldn't be a problem for me right? let me know if the previous people fall through

Will do, since you have the stock shifter box it will work, you will have to ditch the Steeda bracket since the Blowfish bracket comes with it's own rear mount.

86Fbody

Established Member
I am waiting to hear back from a potential buyer, if that falls through then I will be moving on to the next person in line, also added a picture of the unit to the first post.

Justdugan

Established Member
I'm still down- just let me know! Not that its really that important to me, but I don't think your picture is currently working?

Users who are viewing this thread