Blowfish 1st GEN bracket noise

sgilbert8277

Established Member
Another noisy Blowfish bracket thread,

I have a Barton short throw shifter & a first GEN blowfish bracket.

Now before anyone gets all crazy, this isn't my first mustang I understand that adding a after market shifter and a bracket like this is inherently going to come with added noise. What I'm talking about is, in my opinion excessive. I love the bracket/shifter combo, makes the shifter feel amazing. Just not a fan of the noise.

I think I've found a decent amount of the noise coming from the shifter knob and plastic piece at the top of the boot. I've tried electrical take and thread tape around the post of the shifter and it quieted it down a little. Next plan on checking the height of the bracket and adding some dyno Matt in between the top & bottom brackets, also adding some 3m tape in between the two metal upper mounts that go around the shifter linkage itself. Also looking at the possibility of a shifter gasket.

im just wondering if anyone on here has tried any of these or what anyone has done to cut down on some of the noise. Not looking for it to be completely gone, just eliminate the extreme annoying rattle at 3-4k RPM.

thanks guys,

Sean.

Users who are viewing this thread