Blower swap/fuel system install- Whats needed?

Wallace7666

Established Member
So I have a lot of stuff waiting to go in. I have cams, clutch, headers, xpipe, blower, and a return style fuel system waiting to be put on. I was planning on doing the everything at once but im waiting on the heads until next year. So cams, clutch, headers and xpipe will wait. I want to put my ported eaton, metco idlers and my lethal return fuel system on before summer. Im wondering, what all is needed for the install? Mainly wondering about the eaton, any specialty tools etc...? I know ill need a couple gaskets, anyone recommend any particular ones? Really wanting to start this asap, thanks!

cj428mach

Established Member
So I have a lot of stuff waiting to go in. I have cams, clutch, headers, xpipe, blower, and a return style fuel system waiting to be put on. I was planning on doing the everything at once but im waiting on the heads until next year. So cams, clutch, headers and xpipe will wait. I want to put my ported eaton, metco idlers and my lethal return fuel system on before summer. Im wondering, what all is needed for the install? Mainly wondering about the eaton, any specialty tools etc...? I know ill need a couple gaskets, anyone recommend any particular ones? Really wanting to start this asap, thanks!

Sell the cams, headers, and ported blower.

Then buy TS or TVS.

Make tons of hp and be happy. ;-)

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I honestly would skip the cams and headers on a ported eaton. I'm still keeping my ARH headers and hope to have them on sometime this summer. Save up for a bigger blower like cj428mach suggested.

Wallace7666

Established Member
Im doing the cams because I have revised heads so while they are out i figured why not. And I got the ported blower for about the same cost as a normal used eaton so I also figured, hell why not. I wanted to do headers and everything else because the motor was already going to be out to do the heads. The question was not what should I sell to buy a TS, it was what do I need to do the swap I plan on doing. Thanks.

Rambro

Established Member
Plan on getting new gaskets for the blower swap. I thought I was going to be careful and reuse all of my gaskets but it didn't work out that way and now I'm waiting on gaskets. I got the following gaskets..

Intake to heads
Plenum to blower
Intercooler manifold
Egr
Blower to intercooler

Wallace7666

Established Member
Plan on getting new gaskets for the blower swap. I thought I was going to be careful and reuse all of my gaskets but it didn't work out that way and now I'm waiting on gaskets. I got the following gaskets..

Intake to heads
Plenum to blower
Intercooler manifold
Egr
Blower to intercooler
Thats what I was looking for, thanks!

Rambro

Established Member
Also, be very careful removing the intercooler bolts and get new ones from a hardware store, not ford (overpriced garbage bolts). Some people say use a propane torch and heat up the area of the blower where the bolts thread in. I was able to get mine out without applying heat but I removed them with extreme caution. If you have a torch, use it.

Wallace7666

Established Member
Also, be very careful removing the intercooler bolts and get new ones from a hardware store, not ford (overpriced garbage bolts). Some people say use a propane torch and heat up the area of the blower where the bolts thread in. I was able to get mine out without applying heat but I removed them with extreme caution. If you have a torch, use it.

Yeah I read up on that. I heard an impact works well on low power, i might try that. Ill get new grade 8 bolts from the local hardware store, they should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread