Blower RPM Chart 2200

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Hey guys i have been getting a few PMs here about how much RPM the blower is spinning for specific pulley combos

Here is a pretty good break down, if you have any other questions about this type of thing post it in here maybe we can all help each other.

BLOWERRPM_zps29261fd9.jpg

the 2200SL is rated to 53000 RPM
the regular 2200 is rated to 60000 RPM

prn1972

Established Member
Or for any supercharger/pulley combo at any rpm, make all pulley sizes in inches

Crank pulley size ÷ Upper pulley size x Step up ratio/gear drive ratio x Engine rpm = Blower rpm

DTL

Established Member
I guess this chart leads to be next obvious question:

How far over the max-rated speed can you reliably spin a 2200sl? According to the chart, it's at max speed with a stock crank pulley/3.47" blower pulley. There are a couple threads here with folks going 15-20k rpm over that!

Last edited:

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
I guess this chart leads to be next obvious question:

How far over the max-rated speed can you reliably spin a 2200sl? According to the chart, it's at max speed with a stock crank pulley/3.47" blower pulley. There are a couple threads here with folks going 15-20k rpm over that!

I'm curious about this also since the 2200 is next on my list. They advertise that it is capable of 1000+ HP, I assume after seeing this that you have to go way beyond the max rated RPM to get anywhere near the 1000 HP

Eric@jpc

Established Member
I've heard that it is ok to go about 5k over at the redline you are spinning the motor too.

Well i dont think paxton would say that. if any problems come up with the blower they will say thats why the blower broke obviously. Paxton is going to say stay with in the limits of the blower.

Im not going to openly say its fine to go 12K over the max but we have done it makes a ton of heat and really gives the belt an ass whooping

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
typically 5-8k over is our target range for max e.t. / decent iats you have to remember that your only above that mark for a very short period of time. But, like eric said, if your over spinning, obviously if something happened it wouldn't be covered. we have yet to have one fail or have a customer have one fail though. like anything, I believe the ratings are conservative.

the jt is rated at 60k and we are currently at 68k

bigriff85

Established Member
awesome thread, now for the low cr aluminator guys pushing it past the 3.4 pulley mark is a ysi more efficient or reliable? just curious.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
awesome thread, now for the low cr aluminator guys pushing it past the 3.4 pulley mark is a ysi more efficient or reliable? just curious.

for the ysi, you will def need an o/d crank pulley to take advantage of it's rpm range.

on the stock crank pulley, even a 2.75 isn't going to net you better e.t's than the jt / 2200 oil fed imo

the 2.75 on the stock crank diameter puts the jt / 2200 (oil feds) in it's sweet spot

Users who are viewing this thread