Blower Noise

Paddles

Established Member
My blower has recently started making a weird semi-loud whining/whistle noise in the morning when I first start my car (only at idle). The sound is similar to the noise a crystal glass makes when you rub the rim. The noise only lasts about 2-3 minutes.... and then it does not make it again for the rest of the day. The next morning when I start my car, it does it again. Should I be concerned? Is this common for blower? Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm thinking I need to take it to the dealer and have it looked at, but I wanted to check with you guys first.

-Justin
2003 Cobra

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Justin,

Something you might try before going to the dealer is change the belt. I have seen that when the belt gets glazed it will start to make noise. How many miles on the car? Any mods?

Paddles

Established Member
The car has 17k miles on it. Mods are - Diablo chip, exhaust and Air Filter. It does not sound like the belt, but it's something worth looking into. Hopefully that's the issue...

Boostin03

I live the Viking Song
Established Member
Mine just started doing the same thing...i have no clue what it is. I have a little over 5k and only a KN drop in filter, silencer removed and Steeda strut bar. After the motor temp goes up it stops. Any ideas??

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Originally posted by Paddles
The car has 17k miles on it. Mods are - Diablo chip, exhaust and Air Filter. It does not sound like the belt, but it's something worth looking into. Hopefully that's the issue...
if you are anywhere near the Phoenix area and would like to meet up just to compare our cars to see if we can hear similar noises I am availible. Just PM me...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you want to test the belt get a spray bottle of water. With the motor idling give the blower belt a couple of sprays of fine mist. If the noise disappears and returns in 6-10 seconds your belt is glazed. Then just replace the belt to solve your problem.

Paddles

Established Member
Great, thanks for the idea! I'll try it out this weekend... hopefully, it's just the belt.

Justin

DimMaK

Banned
My blower has recently started making a weird semi-loud whining/whistle noise in the morning when I first start my car (only at idle). The sound is similar to the noise a crystal glass makes when you rub the rim. The noise only lasts about 2-3 minutes.... and then it does not make it again for the rest of the day. The next morning when I start my car, it does it again. Should I be concerned? Is this common for blower? Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm thinking I need to take it to the dealer and have it looked at, but I wanted to check with you guys first.

-Justin
2003 Cobra

You sure it is coming from the blower snout area?

Paddles

Established Member
It sure sounds and feels like its coming from the blower. I guess there is a possibility that it could be coming from somewhere else. What are your thoughts on other possible issues?

Users who are viewing this thread