Blow Thru set ups?

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
OK what maf are you guys using on your blow thru set up and what did you do it keep it from pegging the maf. I have a BA 2800 and it started to peg the maf @ 14-15lbs. Did yall have to put a mafia on it or what? My car has always been a mofo to tune, but I think it is just the software I'm using. I'm using Diablo and it has always been a bitch to tune with it. I used SCT once and the tune took about 30 minutes and it was perfect. I don't have a flasher for SCT anymore thats why I'm using the diablo. I'm thinking about buying the Sniper Commando software. if there are some tuners on here that might be able to give me some info. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Dan

TRBO VNM

most use the HPX slot style sensor. you can get an adapter for it to go from our connector to the slot style connector.

I wouldn't go with the sniper stuff. so far everyone I have seen post about it hasn't been happy.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
most use the HPX slot style sensor. you can get an adapter for it to go from our connector to the slot style connector.

I wouldn't go with the sniper stuff. so far everyone I have seen post about it hasn't been happy.

Really? I have heard just the oposite about the sniper software. It seems very nice and is pretty user friendly.

Is that the sensor that is on the 05 and up stangs? Whats different about them vs the one I have.

TRBO VNM

the style is the same. the HPX is a different sensor than the stockers and will support more power. my understanding is that they are better for blow thru setups or work better.

on the sniper, I ust saw a thread the other day that some people just didn't like it. do you not have a tuner in your area? really, diablo and sct software is similar. it is really how well the tuner knows the software.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
the style is the same. the HPX is a different sensor than the stockers and will support more power. my understanding is that they are better for blow thru setups or work better.

on the sniper, I ust saw a thread the other day that some people just didn't like it. do you not have a tuner in your area? really, diablo and sct software is similar. it is really how well the tuner knows the software.
yes and the tuner uses both. I'm telling you. The diablo just doesn't seem to work for my car that well. We give it a command and it won't do what we tell it to. It is weird. The SCT we give the same command and it works. I don't know why. Like my car for some reason won't switch from closed loop to open loop with the diablo. We had to tune it in open loop. This car has always been a bitch to tune and 3 different tuners have said so.

TRBO VNM

honestly, that doesn't make much sense to me that your car likes one over the other. I dunno. I don't tune, so maybe something else can be going on and it doesn't like the diablo file type or something

do you know how to log with the sct stuff? with your open loop thing going on I bet there is something else up with your car.

Yaadman_GT

Yaadman_GT
Established Member
PMAS HPX or VMP HPX Slot Style MAF FTW!! I had a SCT-3000 on my suck thru and had to use a mafia. Now I've got the HPX in a 3.5" Tube capable of 750hp ish without a mafia.

Users who are viewing this thread