blow through or draw through MAF

robert presti

Established Member
I have a BA3000 placed blow through. I think the car was draw through at one time. Everyone seems to think blow through is the way to go with a procharger. The BA5000 in a 3 inch tube is only good for around 600 wheel hp. So I'm at the point that I change everything to get the BA5000 into a 4 inch pipe and larger throttle body from the 3 inch inner cooler or just place the BA3000 in to a draw through configuration. Is there really a noticeable difference in the amount of piping from the MAF to the throttle body in a draw through application?

D1SC_GT

Banned
Draw-through measures the incoming air before entering the blower....the problem with that is that the blower COMPRESSES the air and air densities entering the TB are different than what was measured by the MAF. Tuning is MUCH easier on a blow-through setup

robert presti

Established Member
Draw-through measures the incoming air before entering the blower....the problem with that is that the blower COMPRESSES the air and air densities entering the TB are different than what was measured by the MAF. Tuning is MUCH easier on a blow-through setup
What diameter piping and throttle body are you running? My car has a d1sc, but it is a ported two valve. Have you had your car on a Dyno?

Users who are viewing this thread