Blow by? Worn rings? Seals? PVC smoke fumes

Steven Montes

Established Member
Hey guys my car started to blow white smoke out of the pvc and driver side valve opening. It used to do it before but very minimal. Now it starting to really blow a lot that it comes out of the engine and is noticeable. Doesn’t seem too good but car runs fine doesn’t seem like it has a major issue. No smoke out of the exhaust. Im trying to upload a video so you guys could see what I mean. Was running open breathers since I’m procharged. but since it started to make a lot of fumes and smell a lot started to get annoying which I went with a hot dual valve catch can. I’ll try to upload video with breathers. Any idea what is happening? Any suggestions would help a lot new to the forum. Thanks.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
compression and leak down tests will tell you if the motor is healthy or not. If the compression test shows low on any one cylinder you can try adding a little oil through the spark plug hole, if numbers come up its rings

Steven Montes

Established Member
Thanks for your input. I’ll get started with a compression test on my day off and see where this stands. Any certain number or difference in cylinders these cars should be reading?

Steven Montes

Established Member
Well unsure of the cause of it. I did get a catch can. It’s upr dual valve catch can for procharged mustangs only. But before I installed the catch can this issue had already came up. Hopefully it isn’t anything major

Users who are viewing this thread